Question Help ASUS DUAL RX5700 EVO OC 8GB fans not spinning at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorganoth

Reputable
Sep 10, 2016
Hello everyone, the community here has helped me a lot in the past and I hope you can help me again.

I just bought a custom built PC from a shop recently, the specs are as follows:

RYZEN 5-3600 Battlebox
  • Tower:
    NZXT H510
  • Motherboard AMD Ryzen:
    MSI X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI
  • Graphics Card:
    ASUS DUAL RX5700 EVO OC 8GB
  • Ram:
    CORSAIR Vengeance DDR4 16GB 2X8 3000MHz CL15
  • Processor:
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 op til 4.2Ghz 6 kerner - 12 tråde
  • CPU and Cooling:
    AMD Wraith Stealth Køler
  • SSD:
    PNY XLR8 CS3030 M.2 NVMe SSD 500GB Read Speed: 3500 MB - Write Speed: 2000 MB/
  • Power supply 80+:
    CORSAIR CV 650W 80+ Bronze
  • OS (Windows):
    Windows 10 Home 64bit DK
    (Translated from Danish, so I apologize if I got something off)

The problem is that the GPU fans do not spin at all. They don't spin when I start the computer, and they don't spin when the GPU gets hot. What happens is that when the GPU reaches a certain temperature (somewhere between 55-60) my screen just goes black and says "no signal". When I try restarting the computer, the screen acts as if its not connected to anything.
    Only when I wait a while (presumably so the GPU has time to cool down) does the screen react to the computer starting. But again, no fans, so the screen doesn't work for long. Far as I can see, everything other than the graphics card is working fine.
    When I start the computer again, it doesn't acknowledge that anything is wrong, and I get no warning that the screen is about to go black.
    When I open up the radeon software it says that the fans are doing 0 rotations, but gives me no option to do anything about it. It doesn't display any kind of error message, it just tracks the GPU getting hotter and hotter, and then I get a black screen when the GPU temperature reaches a certain level. It doesn't matter if the tuning thing is on manual or automatic. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong; this is my first AMD card.

I have written to AMD about this, but because I have had bad experiences with customer support (and good experiences here), I'm posting here to ask whether other people have had similar problems, and whether they fixed it somehow.

I don't think this is a software issue, but I don't know anything.

I opened up the case to see if something was stopping the fans from rotating, but nothing seems to be blocking them. They spun around easily when I rotated them by hand.

Thanks in advance.
    EDIT; Sorry, I don't know how I managed to get the graphics card wrong in the title, its not a RTX 5700 TX its a ASUS DUAL RX5700 EVO OC 8GB.

Last edited:

Gorganoth

Reputable
Sep 10, 2016
Okay, I actually managed to get the gpu fans spinning, but the screen went black shortly afterwards anyway, even though the temperature was only at 40.
Like before, the screen went black but the computer seemed to be working, except for the gpu.

The mods can close this thread if they want to, I don't know what's wrong with my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.