Question HELP! Asus Rampage Extreme VI Encore with 3 x EVGA Titan Blacks Hydro Coppers

martinsykes

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
After 18 months of regular BSODs and system freezes, 1600 man-hours of fault testing/component replacement, I am finally ready to give up on my current Rampage IV Black with Windows 10 64 Bit.

So, I am looking to update to a Rampage Extreme VI Encore with a 14 or 16 core processor and have some simple questions:

Critical.......

• How well does this MB support Triple SLI? [There are rumours about stability issues]

• Is anyone out there running this with 3 x SLI EVGA Titan Black or Titan Black Hydro Copper? [Are they performing as expected]

• Is anyone out there running this with ANY 3 x SLI EVGA GC which uses the same ‘Hydro Copper’ SWIFTECH Waterblock AND can you fit a Creative SoundBlaster ZxR above the 2nd large PCIe without fouling the GC Waterblocks, SLI Connector PCB & the ribbon cable to the additional soundcard daughterboard?

• Can a Asus ROG Enthusiast SLI Bridge (4 way) be adapted to fit the strange spacing on this MB with 3 x SLI?

Nice to know..........

• Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with a standard EK-Quantum Momentum or larger QM ROG Rampage VI Encore D-RGB – Plexi Waterblocks?

• Is it worth going for Quad Channel memory such as Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 64GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (CMW64GX4M4A2666C16) or just two larger sticks?

• Does this MB have issues with any particular 1TB M2 card or do you have any recommendations for a particular brand/model?

Dr0z101

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
After 18 months of regular BSODs and system freezes, 1600 man-hours of fault testing/component replacement, I am finally ready to give up on my current Rampage IV Black with Windows 10 64 Bit.

So, I am looking to update to a Rampage Extreme VI Encore with a 14 or 16 core processor and have some simple questions:

Critical.......

• How well does this MB support Triple SLI? [There are rumours about stability issues]

• Is anyone out there running this with 3 x SLI EVGA Titan Black or Titan Black Hydro Copper? [Are they performing as expected]

• Is anyone out there running this with ANY 3 x SLI EVGA GC which uses the same ‘Hydro Copper’ SWIFTECH Waterblock AND can you fit a Creative SoundBlaster ZxR above the 2nd large PCIe without fouling the GC Waterblocks, SLI Connector PCB & the ribbon cable to the additional soundcard daughterboard?

• Can a Asus ROG Enthusiast SLI Bridge (4 way) be adapted to fit the strange spacing on this MB with 3 x SLI?
Nice to know..........

• Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with a standard EK-Quantum Momentum or larger QM ROG Rampage VI Encore D-RGB – Plexi Waterblocks?

• Is it worth going for Quad Channel memory such as Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 64GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (CMW64GX4M4A2666C16) or just two larger sticks?

• Does this MB have issues with any particular 1TB M2 card or do you have any recommendations for a particular brand/model?
So I have a rampage vi encore with 256gb @3600mhz, i9 9940x, and 2x 2080 ti sli (asus strix OC edition) and I cant get sli to work right at all. Im using asus thor 1200w psu (entire build is asus aside from ram and drives) and i get terrible performance. Disabling sli makes it run much better. Tbh the cpu is better at physix than the 2080ti so its literally just in there to make the build look better. I've been trying for months to get it to work but I can't. Windows 10 pro current version.

Dr0z101

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020

Critical.......

Nice to know..........

Oh and I forgot to mention I can only get 3 of the 4 m.2 to read in bios and vroc isn't working. Im using samsung 970 1tb x2 and sabrant rocket 2tb x2, and the second samsung drive isn't detected at all. Works great in the asus arion ssd enclosure tho. I have both 3 and 4 slot bridges (tried to mount gpu vertically but the board and ram get in the way. The only way I could get them both in the case was with the 3 slot and the cards are sandwiched

martinsykes

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
Oh and I forgot to mention I can only get 3 of the 4 m.2 to read in bios and vroc isn't working. Im using samsung 970 1tb x2 and sabrant rocket 2tb x2, and the second samsung drive isn't detected at all. Works great in the asus arion ssd enclosure tho. I have both 3 and 4 slot bridges (tried to mount gpu vertically but the board and ram get in the way. The only way I could get them both in the case was with the 3 slot and the cards are sandwiched

Thanks Dr0z101,
You must be really shocked by Asus after spending £4K+. There is a lot of 'small print' in the MB manual which is really worrying if you intend to use more than one M2 drive.

Thankfully, I don't intend to use any as I prefer a larger case with banks of hot-swap HDs in carriers. The 8 SATA ports will be just enough!
My primary set-up cost around £4K back in 2014, but has not been used in the past 1 3/4 years due to reliability. I have been stuck with my back-up (another X79, Asus Sabretooth with two 'once fast' AMD GCs) which was working fine, until a month ago when a mains phase fluctuation blew the AX1500i PSU and has left me with another repair job and no decent PC.

Would I be correct in thinking that you are using the PCI Bridge supplied by Asus with the MB or did you find another which could support the strange spacing between the first and last PCIe ports?