Question Help at building a pc

Jul 13, 2019
Hi, I want to buy a pc for playing battlefield 5 and GTA 5 at high graphics. my budget is 1000$ it needs to be with gen3 ryzen 5 to proof it for the future :). Can someone help me build a pc?

thanks

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2F8yvn

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.00 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($39.70 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($41.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($381.42 @ Amazon)
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.90 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $976.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-13 17:03 EDT-0400
I'd check back in a few weeks just incase but that's just me.

Jul 13, 2019

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western DigitaTl - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($41.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($381.42 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.89 @ OutletPC)

Thanks

Veloci

Commendable
Jun 17, 2019
If you've a $1,000 budget then why not just go with an Intel CPU like an i5 8600K? I don't want to provoke (yet another) war here but in my "personal" humble opinion, Intel CPUs are better in the long run than AMDs.

Reason is simply my personal experience.

I'm in possession of a Pentium 4 1.5 CPU (Released in 2000) which has sustained 16 years of TORTURE and yet somehow; it still runs! I found it in an old, rusty and discarded IBM workstation back in 2010 I believe so I salvaged it, bought a dirt cheap mobo and ran that thing with a tiny little cooler, never changed its thermal paste, always pushed it to the limit (Poor thing ran Windows 7 Home 32-Bit in the later years!) and last but not the least, I ran that poor thing with a dirt cheap, faulty PSU from an unknown brand with only 11.16 volts on the 12v rail but it never EVER complained.

Its thermal paste was all black and hard as a rock when I took off the cooler after YEARS of abuse, back in 2016, I believe. I thought about disposing it but now I'm keeping it, out of respect, believe it or not. What else, with a bit of scrubbing with a cleaning solution, it looks as good as new. Almost as if it's ready to tackle another decade or two!

Simply remarkable reliability... But that's just my experience. There might be people out there who might have had the same experience with AMD CPUs.

[Forgive me for the rant, gents. Just wanted to share, that's all.]

Jun 8, 2019
If you've a $1,000 budget then why not just go with an Intel CPU like an i5 8600K? I don't want to provoke (yet another) war here but in my "personal" humble opinion, Intel CPUs are better in the long run than AMDs.

Reason is simply my personal experience.

I'm in possession of a Pentium 4 1.5 CPU (Released in 2000) which has sustained 16 years of TORTURE and yet somehow; it still runs! I found it in an old, rusty and discarded IBM workstation back in 2010 I believe so I salvaged it, bought a dirt cheap mobo and ran that thing with a tiny little cooler, never changed its thermal paste, always pushed it to the limit (Poor thing ran Windows 7 Home 32-Bit in the later years!) and last but not the least, I ran that poor thing with a dirt cheap, faulty PSU from an unknown brand with only 11.16 volts on the 12v rail but it never EVER complained.

Its thermal paste was all black and hard as a rock when I took off the cooler after YEARS of abuse, back in 2016, I believe. I thought about disposing it but now I'm keeping it, out of respect, believe it or not. What else, with a bit of scrubbing with a cleaning solution, it looks as good as new. Almost as if it's ready to tackle another decade or two!

Simply remarkable reliability... But that's just my experience. There might be people out there who might have had the same experience with AMD CPUs.

[Forgive me for the rant, gents. Just wanted to share, that's all.]

I don't know. If he used Intel, he'd have to get an aftermarket cooler (AMD's stock cooler may work without overclocking I guess, while Intel's are not as good, from what I've read), and the processor itself is way more expensive (and a lot worse, according to cpubenchmark. Maybe it's not too accurate, I don't know the real performance).
He'd spend a lot more, and have less budget for other components. I guess you have a point, Intel may last you a really long time. But considering the price, I personally would prefer AMD.

Jun 8, 2019

Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($41.89 @ OutletPC)

I'm not sure about the Motherboard. When the 3rd gen came out, everyone at MSI's subreddit (r/msigaming I think) was complaining that the B450 Tomahawk wasn't compatible. Maybe they have solved it though, I'm not sure.

I don't know. If he used Intel, he'd have to get an aftermarket cooler (AMD's stock cooler may work without overclocking I guess, while Intel's are not as good, from what I've read), and the processor itself is way more expensive (and a lot worse, according to cpubenchmark. Maybe it's not too accurate, I don't know the real performance).
He'd spend a lot more, and have less budget for other components. I guess you have a point, Intel may last you a really long time. But considering the price, I personally would prefer AMD.
Well no Intel is still good but AMD has way more value and I don't believe you could fit a 2060 in the budget if you go Intel you will probs have to get a fan as you said but with a Ryzen they already have a fan and a quite good one at that so no reason to go Intel.

I'm not sure about the Motherboard. When the 3rd gen came out, everyone at MSI's subreddit (r/msigaming I think) was complaining that the B450 Tomahawk wasn't compatible. Maybe they have solved it though, I'm not sure.
Yeah which is why I said to check back in a few weeks :)

Jul 13, 2019
Well no Intel is still good but AMD has way more value and I don't believe you could fit a 2060 in the budget if you go Intel you will probs have to get a fan as you said but with a Ryzen they already have a fan and a quite good one at that so no reason to go Intel.

Im pretty sure they fixed it already

Jul 13, 2019

This

Jun 8, 2019
Yeah, I know. I was replying to the guy who said he should go Intel. I think that at this price point there is no reason to go Intel.

Reactions: AngelTech