HELP!!! Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter not connecting to router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goobshoeriot

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
hi. ok so i have an hp dv9922us laptop. i recently tried upgrading to windows 7 but i had an issue with the drivers so i tried to reinstall vista. it took me a while but i finally have all the drivers updated and working. BUT for some reason i can connect only on the LAN and NOT the WAN. The router is working fine as i can use the internet on other computers as well as ps3. but for some reason everytime i try to connect wirelessly it tries to connect fails then says to restart router.

Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter = WAN Adapter
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller = LAN Adapter

someone please help ive been working on this for hours and cant figure out wats wrong. Also, i would have just used the recovery disks that came with my laptop but i dont have them

Goobshoeriot

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
yes the router is detected. and i have like no security. i try to connect then windows says cannot connect and shows the diagnose/connect to diff network options. also, if i try to connect to other networks it asks for security key , etc..

G

Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.

surrey

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011

Did you get a solution for this? I have a similar problem when trying to connect this adapter to the network i.e. works okay when security settings is open but fails to connect to internet when security settings is on.

Goobshoeriot

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010

nope sorry i still couldn't get it to work. i just said phuck it and ran a 30 ft ethernet cable to my room. so idn hopefully someone will put a good solution to this.

Also, just to make sure you got the same problem as me.. can you NOT connect ONLY from your "troubled" pc? cause i can connect on my ps3, other pc's, other laptop's etc... its only my computer(or network setup) that won't connect. makes no sense how can pc A connect pc B connect and not pc C.. i figure its gotta be something wrong with the setup right?! but as i said before i set all settings to automatic(tcp/ip, dns, etc)

rpainter

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
The solution to this is so simple that I am ashamed to admit it took me 12 hours to figure it out. My machine is running Win Vista but I am sure that the operating system doesn't matter. This applies to the problem of your Atheros 5007 network device not allowing your computer to receive internet data, ie... you see your router but have no internet connection. Simply go into Network & Sharing center, then click on Manage Wireless Networks. Your router wireless network should be in the list. Highlight it, and then click on Adapter Properties at the top of the selection window. A smaller window opens for you Network Connection Properties, which lists Client for MS Window QoS Packet Scheduler, TCP/IP v6 and so on. At the top there should be a button that is named "Configure" under the Atheros device listing. Click it and you'll see a tab that is named "Advanced". You'll probably get a warning or two but continue on. There will be a list of of items, one of them being Network address. Once you click on it, you'll see two choices to the right, Value & Not Present. Not present is probably the one that has been selected. Click on Value & type in 192.168.1.1 and save it. Once you close out the setting windows, then try connecting. I hope this is helpful since it worked for me.

hi. ok so i have an hp dv9922us laptop. i recently tried upgrading to windows 7 but i had an issue with the drivers so i tried to reinstall vista. it took me a while but i finally have all the drivers updated and working. BUT for some reason i can connect only on the LAN and NOT the WAN. The router is working fine as i can use the internet on other computers as well as ps3. but for some reason everytime i try to connect wirelessly it tries to connect fails then says to restart router.

Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter = WAN Adapter
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller = LAN Adapter

someone please help ive been working on this for hours and cant figure out wats wrong. Also, i would have just used the recovery disks that came with my laptop but i dont have them

Goobshoeriot

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010

Close.. Very F'ing Close.. It was set to not present, i changed it to 192.168.1.1 but that didn't help. should it be set to the default gateway? cause maybe it's a problem that my default gateway and dhcp server are both 192.168.1.1. Anyways, thanks for the effort closest thing to a fix I've gotten yet.

niko1975

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
That worked like a charm, have Vista on Compaq CQ50 w/ Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g, Setting the Network address brought up internet instantly. Thanks!!!!

leftrearaxle

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.