HELP: ATI Radeon HD 7850 constantly running at full load, even when idle.

asserkhattab

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
About 2 months ago I purchased a GIGABYTE HD 7850 2GB OC Edition graphics card. It worked perfectly and games were running at an average of 60 FPS even at high settings. I use GPU-Z to monitor my graphics card and everything was normal.

However recently I have noticed in GPU-Z that the GPU load was always at 95% or higher even when no games or programs are running. The games started to run slow, sometimes as low as 17-18 FPS.

I suspected that this might be a driver problem so I uninstalled the graphics driver then downloaded and installed the latest driver from ATI website, but the problem still persists. Even the GPU activity in ATI catalyst center is also at 96%.

I never messed with the clock speed or any other setting. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Solution

try malwarebytes and spybot s&d. I use them to scan every month in conjunction with my normal AV microsoft security essentials. All find different malware so it is important to use them all.

try malwarebytes and spybot s&d. I use them to scan every month in conjunction with my normal AV microsoft security essentials. All find different malware so it is important to use them all.

Solution