HELP! audio channels reversed in games but not anywhere else.

tero4290

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
So, i recently bought a new (used) computer, and a pair of corsair hs50's, i installed some games and immediately noticed this issue, i tested the headphones on multiple 3d audio test videos and they perform flawlessly on them, but whenever i play any game the directional sound is always reversed. i bought a new headset, still didn't work, did a full system and os reset, still didnt work. my best guess is the motherboards wiring is reversed but it happens from both the front and rear jacks, and it still wouldnt explain it working on the test videos but not games, ive been able to find little to no help on the reversed audio channels and what i did find really only pertained to people that have their channels fully reversed not just in applications. im at a loss and im starting to feel really bummed. i have no clue. any help at all would be amazing, thank you so much in advance. some possibly helpful info:

cpu: i7 3770

The drivers the system is using for audio display as "high definition audio device"

TRENDING THREADS