"Help" Battery Problem LG VX3200 "HELP Please!

I purchased an aftermarket battery from CellCountry.com It is a 1400
mAh Li-Ion for the LG VX3200. When I boot it says "use genuine
battery" power down in 10 seconds, then shuts down. Do I need a cable?
I e-mailed CellCountry.com three times and they didn't get back to me.
Any suggestions?he original battery and the new battery are both 3.7
volts. The only thing is the amount of amps, the original one is 1000
mah and the new
one is 1400.

Thanks,

Steve P.

<stevep@newsguy.com> wrote in message
>I purchased an aftermarket battery from CellCountry.com It is a 1400
> mAh Li-Ion for the LG VX3200. When I boot it says "use genuine
> battery" power down in 10 seconds, then shuts down. Do I need a cable?
> I e-mailed CellCountry.com three times and they didn't get back to me.
> Any suggestions?he original battery and the new battery are both 3.7
> volts. The only thing is the amount of amps, the original one is 1000
> mah and the new
> one is 1400.

> Thanks,
>
> Steve P.

Repeat after me Steve-o--- Caveat Emptor;-)

Joe

Joseph E. Johnston wrote:
> <stevep@newsguy.com> wrote in message
>> I purchased an aftermarket battery from CellCountry.com
>> It is a 1400 mAh Li-Ion for the LG VX3200. When I boot
>> it says "use genuine battery" power down in 10 seconds,
>> then shuts down. Do I need a cable? I e-mailed
>> CellCountry.com three times and they didn't get back to
>> me. Any suggestions?he original battery and the new
>> battery are both 3.7 volts. The only thing is the amount
>> of amps, the original one is 1000 mah and the new
>> one is 1400.
>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Steve P.
>
> Repeat after me Steve-o--- Caveat Emptor;-)

Li-Ion's have an IC in them (required to control charging).
The device can talk to them. I'd call LG and see if there
is something you can turn off. It is possible that they
have done that for a reason other than to protect their
authorized re-sellers though.

-Quick