Question Help! Black screen/Monitor no signal/Fans running at 100%

mikeypony

Prominent
Nov 4, 2020
Hi Guys,

recently I've been having my problems with my pc (last 3-4 months) I have encountered an issue where my screen randomly (playing games, watching you tube videos) turns black with NO SIGNAL message. GPU Fans start running at 100%,The only way to fix it is to restart the PC. the issue got so bad that one day my pc wouldn't boot up at all after a black screen so after doing some digging i found that 4k hdmi cable was the culprit i change cable to my spare 1080p hdmi cable and the pc boot up and the issue was fix and no more black screen.so 2 months passed i decided to buy brand a new 4k hdmi cable it worked fine at first then 2 weeks later while watching you tube videos about 3 hours ago the black screen came back no signal and the gpu fans started running at 100% it hasn't happened yet while playing games but i have feeling it will soon happen

Specs:

CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-6600K or better
RAM:16GB of system memory
Graphics card: MSI GTX 1080 TI GAMINING X
PSU : seasonic focus fm 650w
motherboard: MSI 170 PC MATE

Hi Guys,

recently I've been having my problems with my pc (last 3-4 months) I have encountered an issue where my screen randomly (playing games, watching you tube videos) turns black with NO SIGNAL message. GPU Fans start running at 100%,The only way to fix it is to restart the PC. the issue got so bad that one day my pc wouldn't boot up at all after a black screen so after doing some digging i found that 4k hdmi cable was the culprit i change cable to my spare 1080p hdmi cable and the pc boot up and the issue was fix and no more black screen.so 2 months passed i decided to buy brand a new 4k hdmi cable it worked fine at first then 2 weeks later while watching you tube videos about 3 hours ago the black screen came back no signal and the gpu fans started running at 100% it hasn't happened yet while playing games but i have feeling it will soon happen

Specs:

CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-6600K or better
RAM:16GB of system memory
Graphics card:MSI GTX 1080 TI GAMINING X
PSU : seasonic focus fm 650w
motherboard: MSI 170 PC MATE
Did it turn into normal when you used the 1080p hdmi cable again?

mikeypony

Prominent
Nov 4, 2020
Did it turn into normal when you used the 1080p hdmi cable again?

sometimes the pc would freeze at bios with old 4k hdmi cable after a black screen then it would not boot up at all the only way fix this would be restart the pc then put in 1080p cable then after that the old 4k hdmi cable would start working again my new 4k cable has gotten that bad yet i m starting to think this might something else

sometimes the pc would freeze at bios with old 4k hdmi cable after a black screen then it would not boot up at all the only way fix this would be restart the pc then put in 1080p cable then after that the old 4k hdmi cable would start working again my new 4k cable has gotten that bad yet i m starting to think this might something else
only 1080P cable would only work fluently?