[SOLVED] [HELP] Blue screens after buying new RAM, memtest86 shows no errors. Running 4x4gb with ab350 ds3h MB. If i run 2x4GB (new or old sticks), 0 issues.

Aug 26, 2020
So i bought two extra sticks of 4GB. All of them (4 sticks) are the same exact model and speed: ADATA AD4U2400J4G17-S (keep in mind: I've got till the 4th of september to give them back for free)

I started to get very frequent blue screens the day after installing so i (for some reason) decided to reinstall windows just in case. Then i began testing RAM: I did 4 individual memtest86 full tests for each stick, then some tests combining the sticks, and over 20 hours of testing got no errors.
I decided i would test while using the system. Got blue screen running 3 sticks, then swapped one for the other new one, blue screen again. I went back to original state, 2x4gb (old sticks), system ran fine stable for a couple days, then i switched to the new sticks (2x4), same story, no instability issues. Then i tried 2x4 with one old and one new. No blue screens.

So, by now i can see theres some sort of compatibity issue, the system doesnt like to run more than 2 sticks. My question is, what would you recommend doing? I guess the next logical step would be to update my BIOS. Maybe test the other hardware components (cpu, gpu and mb)?

Another solution could be to just buy 2x8Gb and sell the old ones in pairs (?

Anyways, Im eager to read any other ideas you guys can give me. Its been about 2 weeks now and i still cant seem to diagnose the problem.

Further info: Full system is: R5 2600, Ab350m ds3h V2 mb, gtx1660super, Aerocool kcas 600w 80+ bronze, and the RAM mentioned above.

Last edited:
Solution
D
Mixing ram kits doesn’t work sometimes as you have found out I wouldn’t do a bios update with the mixed kit go back to the original ram before you update the BIOS
Aug 26, 2020
Dude, I´m in the exactly same situation! I bought a new RAM for my PC and it wok fine for at least 1 or 2 weeks. But now I have blue srcreen frequently. I want to believe that is because a problem with a recent Windows actualization. I also have the option to give the RAM stick back.
Did you resolve your problem?

D

Deleted member 14196

Mixing ram kits doesn’t work sometimes as you have found out I wouldn’t do a bios update with the mixed kit go back to the original ram before you update the BIOS

Solution