help boosting fps!

Alex109

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014
I play counterstrike GO and guild wars 2, but in both games, i feel like im getting an unsatisfactory amount of fps (i'd like to hit at least 100 for counterstrike and 60+ for guild wars, but at most im only getting 80 and 40 respectively). I really want to boost my fps, however i barely know anything about computer components, so i'm going to need some suggestions. Here are some of my computer specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670
RAM: 8g
PSU: 350W

I'm on a budget of around $110, so i'm really only looking to change one of these things. Personally, i think it's probably the GPU that needs to be changed the most, maybe with the Radeon R7 250x which i read is apparently quite nice. Please post your suggestions and thoughts,i would really appreciate any help! Thanks.

Solution
It does not look like your monitor will even display 80 fps anyway...so you could use VSync to limit the fps and get better performance for games that would go past 60 fps. Depending on the resolution you are playing at, the monitor is supposed to hit in the 56 - 75 fps range. I would strongly suggest aiming for around 60 fps at 1080p with it though. And you could boost fps by making sure that other background tasks and programs are disabled if possible. Update the drivers if you have not done so recently too.

If you decide to upgrade the GPU, you may end up needing to upgrade the PSU also, so you have to take that into consideration. And I would be assuming that you are using a motherboard that has the Gen 3 PCIE slots for expansion.

Alex109

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014

I'm using a 1080x1920 resolution LG Flatron E2360 (http://www.gadgetspeak.com/gadget/article.rhtm/754/633851/LG_Flatron_E2360.html)

hope you can help me

NBSN

Admirable
It does not look like your monitor will even display 80 fps anyway...so you could use VSync to limit the fps and get better performance for games that would go past 60 fps. Depending on the resolution you are playing at, the monitor is supposed to hit in the 56 - 75 fps range. I would strongly suggest aiming for around 60 fps at 1080p with it though. And you could boost fps by making sure that other background tasks and programs are disabled if possible. Update the drivers if you have not done so recently too.

If you decide to upgrade the GPU, you may end up needing to upgrade the PSU also, so you have to take that into consideration. And I would be assuming that you are using a motherboard that has the Gen 3 PCIE slots for expansion.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS