[SOLVED] Help Bottle Necking??

wildsod

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
Hi Guys,

Ok I built a new PC in June and I knew things werent running how they should be it's taken until now to ask for help because I'm at a dead end with it all.

My New Specs my M/B which is Asus ROG Maximas XI Hero Z390 LGA1151 - Proccessor Intel i7 9700K and Memory DDR4 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 2666LPX, Graphics Card RTX2080 Duke, Power Supply Corsair 1000watt. Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
I did have a Intel 8700K but over the last few weeks I've upgraded to the Intel 9700K, as I thought the 8700K was my issue how wrong I'm I. Same thing with the 9700K

Running Games I seem to have low FPS, when I ran the UserBenchMark I got these results. (with TechPowerup Running.)
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21106337

I found a Program called TechPowerup, when I run this my PC seems to run really nice with FPS...

without TechPowerup is a bag of S... need i say more lol

My quetion is this with the specs I have why am I bottle necking (If I am?)

How can I run this PC without running a 3rd party Program like TechPowerup?

Is there a Hardware issue or software issue?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Tony.

Solution
your cpu is throttling judging by the benchmark as that seems to be the culprit and if your cpu is throttling it will effect the gpu

this could be bad temps check your cpus temperature while putting a load on it to see if the temps skyrocket

what cooler are you using?

how many case fans ?
your cpu is throttling judging by the benchmark as that seems to be the culprit and if your cpu is throttling it will effect the gpu

this could be bad temps check your cpus temperature while putting a load on it to see if the temps skyrocket

how many case fans ?

Solution

wildsod

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008

how many case fans ?
Thank you for the Reply.
I have Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Pl...GB+Platinum&qid=1571858295&s=computers&sr=1-2

I Havent seen or heard the CPU fans kick right on tbh, I'll keep a eye on Temps now.
Let you know how I get on with Temps.
Thanks.