Question Help! Broken Headphone Jack Plug Stuck in the Audio Port.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Strider90

Prominent
Oct 29, 2019
First off, forgive me if that's not the best category for this thread.
Now I already tried to pull it out using glue, thrice. It didn't work and possibly made it worse. So I was wondering if it's possible to replace this entire component which I don't even know what to call. Any tips?
HM6h9Qm.jpg

tk4Xmgl.jpg

iNVERTEDpLAZMA

Reputable
Apr 22, 2020
Here's an idea but proceed with much caution. get another 3.5mm cord that you don't care about. hacksaw the tip off so it's a flat top piece of metal. or find some kind of tiny metal rod that's about the same or slightly smaller in diameter. check your local hardware store? use a TINY dab of JB weld. Enough to cover the metal of the stuck jack but NOT SO MUCH THAT YOU BOND TO THE OUTER RIM of the port. It takes '4-6 hours' to set properly, but you're not trying to get the tensile strength of 5020 PSI that JB weld offers. just enough to hold tight so you can pull out. I don't know how long it could take to set enough. You may need a steady hand and patience for half hour.

You 'could' also try using a tiny tiny drill bit with a very steady hand, drilling out in the center of it, then you could try lightly coating the drill bit with JB weld, stick it back in the hole, let it sit for a few hours.
I recommend trying any of this on a test environment first, but, it 'should' work if you can be steady handed enough.
good luck

jasonf2

Distinguished
There absolutely has to be something on the motherboard. That audio jack doesn't communicate wirelessly (e.g. Bluetooth, Wifi). There has to be a cable from the front panel to the motherboard somewhere.

Can you please tell us your motherboard model? I'll look for a manual online and find the motherboard audio header for you.
[/QUOTE

If it is on the motherboard there will be no cable. If it is on the case there is absolutely a cable on a jumper header. Which is it on because if it is on the motherboard it will be fully integrated and soldered.