Type O Negative222

Prominent
May 11, 2020
Hello, so I was downloading Battlefront 2 and when I started it up, it said I needed to update the gpu drivers. I have rx 580 4gb by the way. So I go to AMD's website and I attempt to download the GPU drivers.So I tried to download the drivers But in the middle of it when it started downloading and it said thay the screen may flicker. It then flickered and then the dreaded BSoD error. The BS oD was Kernel Security Check Failure. It said it would repair and restart. As it finished it reset and then comes online, except that the monitor screen is black and says input not supported. I have a protection plan on this and could send it back but that may take a while right now. I would really appreciate some help.

Notes: I downloaded the optional graphics card drivers. Not sure why, guess I though it meant they were newer.

system specs
Cpu: Ryzen 7 2700
Ram: 16gb ddr4
Gpu: Radeon Rx 580 4gb
PSU: 380 watts
Motherboard: Not totally sure, if you need this tell me and I will find out.

Solution
What power supply model/brand is this ? 380 Watts is below the recommended PSU from AMD, which is 500 Watts.

Not saying PSU is indeed the culprit here, but I'm skeptical about the make of this 380 Watts power unit.
Other than proprietary PSUs, I don't think I've seen a PSU under 400w with anything more than a 6-pin PCIE rail. The lower end models of the RX 580 have a single 8-pin socket, so the OP must have plugged in a 6-pin to the 8-pin socket.
What power supply model/brand is this ? 380 Watts is below the recommended PSU from AMD, which is 500 Watts.

Not saying PSU is indeed the culprit here, but I'm skeptical about the make of this 380 Watts power unit.
Other than proprietary PSUs, I don't think I've seen a PSU under 400w with anything more than a 6-pin PCIE rail. The lower end models of the RX 580 have a single 8-pin socket, so the OP must have plugged in a 6-pin to the 8-pin socket.

Solution