Question Help build pc under $900

Sena21

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
hi,i want build pc under $900
can u guys please reccomend me and this is for my lil brother,he works on 3D design, is skylake good?

Because how in the hell is anybody supposed to find parts that are actually available, TO YOU, without knowing that. If you don't want to share where you are located, I'd suggest that you find a forum in your region so that you can get build suggestions that are relevant to you. It does no good to offer build suggestions for somebody in the US, or UK, or Australia, if what is available there is not available where you are, and we already know that shipping from country to country will generally add about 100% to the cost of parts, so that's senseless.

Sena21

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
Because how in the hell is anybody supposed to find parts that are actually available, TO YOU, without knowing that. If you don't want to share where you are located, I'd suggest that you find a forum in your region so that you can get build suggestions that are relevant to you. It does no good to offer build suggestions for somebody in the US, or UK, or Australia, if what is available there is not available where you are, and we already know that shipping from country to country will generally add about 100% to the cost of parts, so that's senseless.
alright,i send u message

Not much I can do for you really then. Indonesia has no presence on PC Partpicker and we get very few build requests from members in Indonesia so I am not usually inclined to go looking through what is available to you on a variety of regionally available websites to find the best prices for you.

As far as general build outlines are concerned, I can do that, and then you can put in the work as to trying to find the parts or ones that are similar, on websites or at local shops where you can source them.

Skylake is actually not a good choice anymore. Better than some, but it is about four years old and starting to become outdated now. Much better would be something the AMD Ryzen lineup (Not any hotter than Intel. The days of AMD being hot, back when the FX/AM3+ platform was current, are long over) or the Intel 8th/9th gen Coffee lake platform. At the least, you would want something from the 7th gen Intel Kaby lake platform, but even that is rather outdated at this point and doesn't have a lot of life left in it to be upgrading to at this point in it's evolution.

The best bang for the buck would be something like this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($164.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($76.31 @ Amazon)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($79.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX850 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($39.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card ($349.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair - SPEC-05 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.97 @ Amazon)
Total: $885.02
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-11 11:24 EDT-0400