[SOLVED] Help...build stalled because of lack of compatible AIO

jasonbirder

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015
As the title says! I've acquired the (difficult) parts for my build - an Intel 12700K, an RTX 3080 so you'd think it was all plain sailing...
But wait...all the AIOs i've looked at AREN'T compatible with the LGA1700 slot AND none of the manufacturers seem to have availability for the LGA1700 conversion kit!
I'd originally chosen a COrsair H150i Elite Capellex but there are certainly no LGA1700 retention kits in the UK...then I thought the Lian Li Gallahad 360...
But its VERY unclear as to whether they include the LGA 1700 mounting kit (and again the retention kits are out of stock)
What 360mm AIOs are DEFINATELY compatible with the LGA1700 socket ? As I can't move fforward with my build until I have one!

Solution
What is the make/model of your case?

If it can handle a 160mm air cooler, that will allow installation of a NH-D15s that comes with lga1700 mounting.
https://ncc.noctua.at/cpus/model/Intel-Core-i7-12700K-1579

As a plus, using an air cooler will benefit cooling your motherboard and graphics card.
If you mount an air radiator in front, you will get best cpu cooling, but at the expense of giving hot air to the 3080 and the motherboard vrm coolers.
OTOH, if you mount a radiator on top, your cpu cooling will be using warm air, not room ambient.

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
As the title says! I've acquired the (difficult) parts for my build - an Intel 12700K, an RTX 3080 so you'd think it was all plain sailing...
But wait...all the AIOs i've looked at AREN'T compatible with the LGA1700 slot AND none of the manufacturers seem to have availability for the LGA1700 conversion kit!
I'd originally chosen a COrsair H150i Elite Capellex but there are certainly no LGA1700 retention kits in the UK...then I thought the Lian Li Gallahad 360...
But its VERY unclear as to whether they include the LGA 1700 mounting kit (and again the retention kits are out of stock)
What 360mm AIOs are DEFINATELY compatible with the LGA1700 socket ? As I can't move fforward with my build until I have one!

I ordered the the standoffs direct from corsair UK and it took a week for them to arrive. The only aio I know of that works straight out the box is the msi mag c240 but it's bit noisy.

Or the lga1200 standoffs can be modified with some washers to fit. I'm think there's a couple of posts on here of users doing so.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonbirder

jasonbirder

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
Thanks for that - I do have the retrofit Screws but they only work if your Z690 board is drilled for both LGA1700 and the previous Gen holes as awell..unfortunately my Gigabyte Aurus Elite doesn't appear to be...which is why i'm searching around!

I have the gigabyte z690 gaming x and a corsair h115i. And the mounting bracket is adjustable it fitted my board no problem. Also my previous msi mag cooler that come with the 1700 mounting kit fitted no problem. Or does your board have different mounting holes? My board doesn't have 2 sets of holes.

What is the make/model of your case?

If it can handle a 160mm air cooler, that will allow installation of a NH-D15s that comes with lga1700 mounting.
https://ncc.noctua.at/cpus/model/Intel-Core-i7-12700K-1579

As a plus, using an air cooler will benefit cooling your motherboard and graphics card.
If you mount an air radiator in front, you will get best cpu cooling, but at the expense of giving hot air to the 3080 and the motherboard vrm coolers.
OTOH, if you mount a radiator on top, your cpu cooling will be using warm air, not room ambient.

Solution