Help building a home PC

JarydC33

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Hey guys! I am new brand new to the forums, but I thought this would be a good place to ask my question. I am planning on building a gaming computer. I love dealing with computer and am a computer science major, however I dont know a whole lot about individual computer components so I dont know what parts would make the best pc. I am looking to build one for around 800-1000 dollars. I found this one site: http://www.affordableproductreview.com/products/?go=make-high-performance-gaming-desktop-2013-games-ready and I thought the parts in there looked good but Im not sure. Could anyone steer me in the right direction? Oh, and I would need a site that shows how to put it together as I have never done it before.

JarydC33

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
I will need an OS and a keyboard. But I have a monitor and a mouse. But hose can be supplemental. So if you can tell me what parts are great and add up to about 800-1000 I can add in the extras afterwards

JarydC33

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Yup sure will! I just want to be able to run the most recent games at a good setting. The computer I have now is going out of date so I really want a fast one

JarydC33

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Will that i5 be good as compared to an i7? Like I said, Im trying to learn about all this computer stuff but Im not entirely sure how the difference between the two can affect performance

JarydC33

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
I realized one thing i was missing. What could I use to make my custom PC wireless? I know there are USB options available. But are those any good? I was thinking there were some that needed to be installed inside the computer? Which one would be best?