Apr 18, 2021
Hello. I am planning to build a new PC for editing and casual gaming. Specs
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x, 16GB Ram, B550 motherboard. I live in India and the prices for GPU are sky rocketing. Cannot afford one at the moment. So can this rig be paired with GT 710 graphic card for video output just for time being and later when the prices are down I will upgrade with 1660 super or anything else. Please help.

Solution
You can use a GT 710 just to be able to use the PC. Lots of people with Ryzen builds are using these as temporary fill-ins until they can obtain a GPU.

It's not a bad idea to have an extra, cheap GPU around anyway if you have an AMD PC. A few years down the road if you need to RMA your 1660 Super or something similar, it's a handy thing to have around.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
You can use a GT 710 just to be able to use the PC. Lots of people with Ryzen builds are using these as temporary fill-ins until they can obtain a GPU.

It's not a bad idea to have an extra, cheap GPU around anyway if you have an AMD PC. A few years down the road if you need to RMA your 1660 Super or something similar, it's a handy thing to have around.

Solution
Apr 18, 2021
Thank you for the response. The dealers are very nasty. Trying to push inflated priced GPU’s with this build. Will soon have the PC and this forum will indeed help me with my quest for knowledge about the computer stuff. Thanks again DSzymborski :)

Reactions: Why_Me