[SOLVED] Help, Building a new System !

Fjv___

Reputable
May 7, 2016
The PC that I own right now is a i7 3770 3.40GHz 16.GB of RAM, and GTX 950.

These are the parts I am thinking on buying for the new build.

CPU- I7-8700K 3.7GHz 6 Core Processor or I7-9700K ?

CPU Cooler-NZXT Kraken X72 Liquid CPU Cooler

Memory- Kingston HyperX Predador RGB 32 GB ( 4X8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Video Card- RTX 2060 6GB ( dont know if its a good combination with the cpu above ) ?

Motherboard- theres so many options I dont which to go with
Case - I think NZXT would be ok but dont know which one to with.

Power Supply- Dont know :/

Monitor- I own alienware aw2518h

I was just thinking in maybe taking my HDD from my old pc and install on my new one. (later on buy a SDD)

I think colours of the buid would be a black&red or white&red I guess.

the games I would play on Rocket League, Fifa, PES, Formula1 , and other upcoming/previous racing games.
I just want something where everytime I turn on the pc and play one of the these games or maybe other games don't need to worry about graphics high or low.
I think the budget would be 1000- 1700. (I think I can add another £150.)

I just want advice in every single part of the pc. Thank you.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (£187.98 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard (£109.99 @ Box Limited)
Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory (£96.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£102.98 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card (£720.88 @ Technextday)
Case: NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£69.98 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (£74.99 @ AWD-IT)
Total: £1363.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-31 11:16 BST+0100

The Ryzen 5 3600 is pretty much just as powerful as the i7 8700k and costs much less, not just the cpu but it also doesn't require a high end cooler to run cool.
16gb RAM is the optimal amount for games as of now, even with 32gb ram available i've yet to see any game use even half of that.
The b450 Tomahawk supports Ryzen gen 3 out of the box and is much cheaper than the x570 motherboards.
Samsung NVMe SSD for windows and some games, you could also increase this to 1tb if you wanted.
I didn't include a HDD since you said you could scavenge one from your old pc.
Since you didn't want to deal with changing graphics setting i switched the 2060 to a 2080 Super, with this card you can always slap everything on ultra and not worry about the fps.
The H500 i chose since you wanted black and red, this can be changed to any ATX case though if you don't like it.
And finally the TXM 650, it's a good quality unit that doesn't cost you an arm and leg.

Solution

Fjv___

Reputable
May 7, 2016
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (£187.98 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard (£109.99 @ Box Limited)
Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory (£96.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£102.98 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card (£720.88 @ Technextday)
Case: NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£69.98 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (£74.99 @ AWD-IT)
Total: £1363.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-31 11:16 BST+0100

The Ryzen 5 3600 is pretty much just as powerful as the i7 8700k and costs much less, not just the cpu but it also doesn't require a high end cooler to run cool.
16gb RAM is the optimal amount for games as of now, even with 32gb ram available i've yet to see any game use even half of that.
The b450 Tomahawk supports Ryzen gen 3 out of the box and is much cheaper than the x570 motherboards.
Samsung NVMe SSD for windows and some games, you could also increase this to 1tb if you wanted.
I didn't include a HDD since you said you could scavenge one from your old pc.
Since you didn't want to deal with changing graphics setting i switched the 2060 to a 2080 Super, with this card you can always slap everything on ultra and not worry about the fps.
The H500 i chose since you wanted black and red, this can be changed to any ATX case though if you don't like it.
And finally the TXM 650, it's a good quality unit that doesn't cost you an arm and leg.

I dont follow a lot of AMD maybe due to last 10 years always went with intel. If I ever wanted to to stream or even use for editing. is it good ? will it affect the monitor, because I bought this monitor from a person that bought because was not amd compatible.

I dont follow a lot of AMD maybe due to last 10 years always went with intel. If I ever wanted to to stream or even use for editing. is it good ? will it affect the monitor, because I bought this monitor from a person that bought because was not amd compatible.
I think what you mean with the compatibility is that it's G-sync, and no, that won't matter as that's a gpu technology which the RTX 2080 Super supports. The guy probably meant to buy the Freesync ("AMD") version of it.

As for editing and streaming, it's good but if you're putting a lot of focus on those tasks then it's worth it to bump the cpu up to a 3700x for those 2 added cores.

Aug 25, 2019
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
2x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z 3600 CL15
8GB Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 Pulse Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16
Seasonic 650 FX Focus+ Gold

Is my suggestion. AMD currently has a much better Price/performance ratio. It hurts to use anything else (I am usually more towards Intel myself). Also the 3600Mhz RAM is really good for the Ryzen 3000 series (kind of sweet spot) and with CL15 it is even faster than 3200 CL 14 (which was considered one of the most solid ram on X470). And of course Trident Z series is considered good quality and very popular (means less compatibility issues).

EDIT: 2 DIMMS of RAM are enough in my opinion because this works best anyway in a daisy chain configuration. Which the suggested board and as far as I know all the lower end X570 boards have.

EDIT 2: I would not buy a CPU Fan. the Ryzen 3700X comes Boxed with an Coolermaster Wraith Prism. As long as you dont plan massive OC this FAN is just perfectly fine and actually looks pretty nice.

Seasonic 650 FX Focus+ Gold is a very solid PSU (considered one of the best in its price range). 650 W are more than enough. And i would not take the cheapest PSU. That one is a good middle class model.

Gigabyte X570 Gaming X is the cheapest X570 board. But its enough. Until you dont plan to masively OC you dont need more. I personally made good experience with this board. I would currently not recommend MSI on X570 because of BIOS issues I had. Dont tested other manufacturers yet. It is debatable if you shoulg go for the X570 or the lot cheaper B450 Chipset. X570 is not much better judged by pure stats but a lot more expensive. You could say B450 is enough but I personally dont like the idea of saving on my chipset not having the developers main focus on my boards performance. So I would go with the X570.

When it comes to graphics card u can use whatever you like. I took that one because of its awesome Price/performance ratio and it still does the Job. In my opinion it#s not necessary yet to jump on the RTX train. these cards are overpriced and there is actually no use right now for the ray-tracing. just go with something like the Vega and wait 2 years. Then evaluate again. Put the money in the core system to make it last a while.

I usually try to put as much money as possible into the core system and save a little on parts like graphics card and SSD/HDD because they can still be replaced and added afterwards very easily. So of course go with the old HDD and buy a M2 later.

Case needs to be ATX midi tower and I would strongly recommend to buy something solid with no plastic (better cooling and you will thank your self every time you change something :)). Rest is your choice. The Board I suggested supports only 3 additional FAN's. If the Case has more it needs to have its own controller.

Last edited: