Question Help building MSI Meg Creation x399

Dec 8, 2019
Hi everyone

First time creating my own build. I'm running into a few performance issues and wondering if anyone else has faced similar issues.
Below is my current setup and issues I'm experiencing

• AMD Threadripper 2990WX 3 GHz
  • MSI Meg Creation x399
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) CMK64GX4M4B3200C16
  • Corsair AX760 Power Supply
  • Noctua NH-U14S CPU Cooler
  • GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB
PC freezing 5-10 after booting up
GPU not showing in computer management, I'm also unable to install Nvidia's driver
CPU Ghz is spiking from 1.8 to 2.8Ghz. Not sure if this is normal
I also get this weird power-up issue when I turn the pc on, it will run for 1 second then turn off, then 2 seconds later it turns on again...

With little research, I noticed my memory and gpu is not listed on MSI's support site for this specific board
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MEG-X399-CREATION#support-cpu
The RTX 2060 6gb is listed on their website but the 8gb ventus super isnt. Surely the x399 supports my card?

My temperatures seem fine. CPU is idling at 44 and the motherboard is around 40
Therefor my only guess would be my memory choice, Need a bigger power supply or bios settings.

Any help would be great

Cheers
Neil

siaan312

Respectable
Jun 15, 2017
first of all, update bios
2nd of all, reseed the cpu. almost always with threadripper this would be the problem.

try plugging the gpu into a different pcie slot
1.8 to 2.8 ghz is super normal. precision boost 2.0? lowers clocks when cpu is idle to consume less power and sprut less heat. makes them higher when working to get better performance.
the weird power up "issue" is a double post that some boards have, to make sure any settings are okay doky, its usually server boards with that thing but i guess threadripper boards, with so many numa nodes should have that too.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS