Help Building/Upgrading a Computer

thomasgleason

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
Hey all, Im looking to buy a prebuilt gaming computer, since graphics card prices are crazy high right now. It would be to play games, obviously, but also to run a program called ArcGIS for work. Im looking at one on amazon (https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-580-023w-i5-7400-Graphics/dp/B077S27YLP/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1516678651&sr=1-3&keywords=gaming+pc) but the first problem that some of my friends point out is that its only putting out 300w.
My question is can I get away with just swapping out the power supply? Im a total novice when it comes to building computers and sadly most computer related stuff. Please dumb it all down for this poor mac user. My price limit is 800 and even then thats more than Id like to spend. Im not a huge gamer. Id like to be able to play the new Star Wars BF2 and comfortably run ArcGIS. Past that I could care less...as of now. I can always upgrade later.
What sorts of other problems could I run into with this setup? Do you have any other suggestions for PCs? Any and all help is appreciated.

Solution
Solution