[SOLVED] Help buying a new monitor

Jun 1, 2020
Hi! I need to get a new monitor for my 2070 SUPER to make it justice. I'm coming from a VH228 back from the ice age and I have some questions I can´t get my head around. I think the best for me is a 1440p 120Hz+ IPS 27' monitor. I just want to play video games but not fast pace competitive on-line gaming.

I'm thinking between the PG279QE, the XG279Q or any other better suggestion. Is the old PG with G-sync better then the newer XG G-sync compatible? Is there a better option in his price point?

Is it worth it buying something like the XB273KGPbmiipprzx for 4k thinking future proff? How will this monitor work at 2k?

Can anyone help me please?

Solution
G-sync compatible just means it will work at the FreeSync refresh ability. Are original FreeSync requirements as strict as G-Sync, no. However, when test have been done on identical FreeSync and G-Sync monitors the performance is identical and the FreeSync costs $200 less. Now there are 3 different FreeSync levels. I believe all 3 of those FreeSync monitors are at least 48-100Hz variable refresh rate.
Hi! I need to get a new monitor for my 2070 SUPER to make it justice. I'm coming from a VH228 back from the ice age and I have some questions I can´t get my head around. I think the best for me is a 1440p 120Hz+ IPS 27' monitor. I just want to play video games but not fast pace competitive on-line gaming.

I'm thinking between the PG279QE, the XG279Q or any other better suggestion. Is the old PG with G-sync better then the newer XG G-sync compatible? Is there a better option in his price point?

Is it worth it buying something like the XB273KGPbmiipprzx for 4k thinking future proff? How will this monitor work at 2k?

Can anyone help me please?
Look into Ultrawide monitors. A 34" 3440x1440 will have the same vertical height as a 27" 1440, but you get 33% width and that is great not just for gaming but for productivity as well.

I think that 34" is way too big for me because a sit close to the monitor.
How close? I sit about 3 feet from my curved ultrawide and it isn't bad at all. Again the physical height is the same as a 27" so only the width is different. For example dual 24" 1080p monitors with a thin bezel are easily 40" or more in width. By comparison my ultrawide is only 32" wide. In the end I get almost the 90% of the pixel width as dual 1080p but using less desk space.

Jun 1, 2020
I have the "older" PG279Q 1440p 27" model.

I can only say one thing...fantastic! Absolutely love the monitor. The G-Sync is fabulous and the IPS colors are magnificent. That and my 2070S are superb together!
I only have the PG279QE available, but it's the same is it not?

Truthfully that wouldn't be all that bad either. You get one that is curved and all you are doing is moving your eyes side to side. I have yet to find someone who has ever regretted going ultrawide instead of standard 16:9. I've had mine for almost 3 years and would never go back to a standard 16:9 monitor again if I have a choice.
So on the 34" front, what is the recomendation, PG349Q ?

G-sync compatible just means it will work at the FreeSync refresh ability. Are original FreeSync requirements as strict as G-Sync, no. However, when test have been done on identical FreeSync and G-Sync monitors the performance is identical and the FreeSync costs $200 less. Now there are 3 different FreeSync levels. I believe all 3 of those FreeSync monitors are at least 48-100Hz variable refresh rate.

Solution
Jun 1, 2020
Thank you!