Question Help buying motherboard

xDeluxers

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
Hi, I should replace my MSI B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard with an ASUS ROG Strix X570-F. Is this card better than the one I have now or do I find better with a budget of 290 €? (I would prefer an ASUS motherboard).

My build:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8GB x2
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X
SSD: Sabrent Rocket 1TB 2280
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
PSU: Seasonic Focus + 550

Lutfij

Titan
Might I ask why you need to replace the motherboard? The parts you have in your build are optimal. You don't need to spend the extra on a new motherboard unless there's something horribly wrong with it or that you intend to go SLI.

xDeluxers

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
Might I ask why you need to replace the motherboard? The parts you have in your build are optimal. You don't need to spend the extra on a new motherboard unless there's something horribly wrong with it or that you intend to go SLI.
I want to change motherboard because I have been having a problem with the video card drivers for 1 year (in other words I get a hardware error in the control panel with the error "LKD_0x141_Tdr: 6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Turing"). I have tested all components in another build and have not encountered any problems. So I guess I'll change the motherboard, also because I will need the SLI function in the future.