HELP!! Cancelled dban and now hdd wont boot

Robert-

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015
So I needed to wipe my hardrive and after googling I thought the way to do it was through dban so I started the process, it got to 8% and I was looking online then realised I only had to reformat the hardrive and dban is going to take a long time so I shut down my pc and now it's telling me I don't have a bootable device.

How can I revert this? If I installed windows 7 by iso and clicked activate later then just reformatted would that work? Or is there a program to revert the changes

Solution

If that is the case just plug it into the Windows 10 machine as is right now. When you boot up it should boot off the SSD. Then in windows you can reformat the old drive.

Robert-

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

So if I were to plug in windows 7 usb, install it and not activate the product key then just format the drive it will be clean and ready to use as a storage device?

Robert-

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

I'm using it as a secondary drive as I have windows 10 on a new ssd so I want to wipe the hardrive and have it for storage only.

If that is the case just plug it into the Windows 10 machine as is right now. When you boot up it should boot off the SSD. Then in windows you can reformat the old drive.

Solution

Robert-

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

The hdd isn't showing up anywhere when I'm using the ssd

Edit: I went into disk management and turned the drive online, still nothing it's not showing up anywhere. It says 931gb unallocated.