Help ...Can't access files and music

DXraok

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Hello
Today i created a guest profile on my pc..and denied access for drive e..it worked for guest profile..but
My account that is administrator is also affected can't access drive e ..but i gained access by changing ownership in security tab..
but still can't access the folders and music inside it..

HELP PLS
THANK YOU

Back up a bit. You said you could not access drive e, then said it worked. So which is it? Or did you change something to make it work?

What is drive E? An external drive? Did this work before? Is the only thing you did was create a guest account?

You can try to change the file permissions on the folders you can't access.

DXraok

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013

DXraok

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013

thanx for reply
drive e means it is internal disk partition

i activated guest account in windows 7 and i kept security type for user to (guest ) not access drive E
But in security type for users (in property -security)
but it affected for me (administrator )
so with change owner option i gained back the access for drive (i don't know how i did it)
but some folder and music video files are still not accessible ...
the only way i know is to individually change the owner to administrator
any other method or anybody knows to delete them forcefully
thanx

Take owenership on the root folder, and also the permissions, make sure you have selected the "apply to subfolders" options. You must have changed some security settings for everyone, not just the guest account. This often happens when people are new to security rights, they don't fully understand what the options are on the screen and lock themselves out of places.