Question Help! can't find Asus rtx 2080 turbo Evo Bios

Jul 29, 2022
Hello everyone I have a Asus rtx 2080 turbo evo with a corrupt bios. I was able to figure this out because it's bios was not letting boot at all

Hi everyone i have a not working Asus Rtx 2080 turbo evo. The fan turns on normally and all and i recently got the card to let my pc boot by flashing the stock Nvidia bios to it, but got no display out or showing up.in device manager.

I I wanted to ask anyone who has the card for help or anyone if they had a copy of the Asus rtx 2080 turbo evo (or any bios that might work )bios(no usb-c) or tips to figure out what's wrong, because all over online only the USB c GPU bios is available and i honestly just want to get the card working. I have also been using a ch341a bios programmer.

(Yes i tried the bios from tech power up, but those are for the nine evo cards that come with usb c :) )

thanks!

Jul 29, 2022
Yea ive searched around and it turned out it's just a regular 2080 turbo evo(also tried the bios for a super already with no dice). I also took it apart and searched the dyes model

D

Deleted member 362816

As spoke above you have tried these. Even with out the USB C any of the turbo ones should work.

Did you ever see this card working?

How did the bios get corrupted? Mining bios?

Pretty sure it's fubar. Only other way to figure out what is wrong with it (I bet Vram issues) would be to put it into a system with integrated graphics and see if it even shows up

Jul 29, 2022
As spoke above you have tried these. Even with out the USB C any of the turbo ones should work.

Did you ever see this card working?

How did the bios get corrupted? Mining bios?

Pretty sure it's fubar. Only other way to figure out what is wrong with it (I bet Vram issues) would be to put it into a system with integrated graphics and see if it even shows up

The person i bought it from said it stopped working after a update. I have tried the asus turbo non evo bios's with no luck, but i think it's cause after looking at many yt videos it looks like theres different things on there pcbs(since the evo has "auto extreme"). I've also looked over the bios it came with and it definitely cuts short from any other ive compared it too.

Good thing though is after tring tons of bios's is that with the stock Nvidia bios i dont get a mother board gpu error and it allows me to boot into windows, but the gpu still doesn't show.

D

Deleted member 362816

The person i bought it from said it stopped working after a update. I have tried the asus turbo non evo bios's with no luck, but i think it's cause after looking at many yt videos it looks like theres different things on there pcbs(since the evo has "auto extreme"). I've also looked over the bios it came with and it definitely cuts short from any other ive compared it too.

Good thing though is after tring tons of bios's is that with the stock Nvidia bios i dont get a mother board gpu error and it allows me to boot into windows, but the gpu still doesn't show.

An update? Nvidia driver update? That would in no way once so ever corrupt the bios on the card.

D

Deleted member 362816

Upload a photo of GPUZ if it shows anything.

Jul 29, 2022
have you seen it working properly on the seller's pc before you purchased it?

gpu could have been dead even before it was sold to you.

as Captain said.. please show us what GPU-Z shows you.
Yea the gpu doesn't pop up in device manager or anything . also haven't seen the gpu on before, but im pretty sure its bios since with the bios it came with it gives a dead bios error on my mother board(and the bios it came with cuts short). But when i flashed it with the Nvidia reference Cooler bios i get boot code aa and i can boot into windows, but with no video out from the gpu.

D

Deleted member 362816

Yea the gpu doesn't pop up in device manager or anything . also haven't seen the gpu on before, but im pretty sure its bios since with the bios it came with it gives a dead bios error on my mother board(and the bios it came with cuts short). But when i flashed it with the Nvidia reference Cooler bios i get boot code aa and i can boot into windows, but with no video out from the gpu.

I understand what you are saying that being said I sell hardware and run 5 pc shops for a living. Something is clearly wrong with that card past the bios. Even with the incorrect bios that card should still show up in device manager / GPU-Z.

You got a lemon. No one here is going to be able to give you any more insight then you have already been given.

Best of luck.

D

Deleted member 362816

Ok, on a side note do you know any other common issues that would cause a similar problems?

Bad Vram. seen it 100's of times. Most likely they mined the crap out of that card. On top of that zotac had major vram issues on the 1xxx and 2xxx cards.

Reactions: Tac 25