Help: Can't find secondary hard drive

sarah

I ran Ad-aware and Norton System Doctor to try and repair
a re-boot problem and now
Windows 2000 restarts, but my backup hard-drive 'F'
(internal) which is where I keep
*most* of my files (it's larger) can no longer be
accessed. All of the shortcuts
are converted to point to the 'C' drive, and Drive 'F' now
looks like an unformatted
drive. I'm scared that the utilities may have wiped out
my 'F' hard-drive...

When I try to run Disk Doctor it gives an error message
that the drive's files system is not recognized.

Please please help.

Thanks...

Sarah

Hi, Sarah.

What does Disk Management say about that hard drive? And about the volume
F:?

If you haven't found Disk Management yet, a quick way to get there is to
type at the Run prompt: diskmgmt.msc

Since Microsoft included Disk Management in Win2K (and WinXP), I haven't had
to use Norton's Disk Doctor at all. ;<)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Sarah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I ran Ad-aware and Norton System Doctor to try and repair
> a re-boot problem and now
> Windows 2000 restarts, but my backup hard-drive 'F'
> (internal) which is where I keep
> *most* of my files (it's larger) can no longer be
> accessed. All of the shortcuts
> are converted to point to the 'C' drive, and Drive 'F' now
> looks like an unformatted
> drive. I'm scared that the utilities may have wiped out
> my 'F' hard-drive...
>
> When I try to run Disk Doctor it gives an error message
> that the drive's files system is not recognized.
>
> Please please help.
>
> Thanks...
>
> Sarah

TRENDING THREADS