Help! Can't get first boot with D975XBX2.

orwell

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
I get the loud constant siren. The manual says it is a processor temperature overheat siren, but this is it's first boot.

I have been waiting for a month on an NCIX EVGA 680i RMA. I was so looking forward to firing up Episode One tonight, now this?!?!

Can anyone help me please? Thank you!

orwell

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
just to be clear, as soon as i hit power, the siren comes on and stays on, no post what so ever. nothing.

i've tried running with one stick of ram, no joy.

I am sure it isn't shorting off my case anywhere.

miltoxbeyond

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
Check to see if your memory is compatible with your system.
Different motherboards have different post codes depending on a few different factors(manufacturer, bios type, etc.)

I had a system that beeped like that when it didn't have compatible memory (the memory I chose was compatible, but only at particular voltages...)

Check to make sure the memory is securely seated. Depending on the processor socket/type check to see if you didn't bend any pins.

Does the processor fan spin?

Oh and system specifications?

orwell

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
All power cables are plugged in.
I am using a bad axe 2 and OCZ XTC rev.2 RAM with a e6400 proc and an 8800gts320mb. All fans spin!

All of this hardware worked fine with my evga 680i until it blew (except the RAM which NCIX let me RMA as well because I figured it was fried by the mobo as well).

So the only new components are the mobo itself and my ram.

Everything seems to look peachy keen inside the system, but it keeps sirening. Maybe it is the ram like you said. Any thoughts?

miltoxbeyond

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
If you got any generic or standard speed memory try popping that in and setting the voltage for ram to the minimum required by OCZ. I had OCZ gold mem and it wouldn't run at 1.8 volts only 1.9-2.2.

If you get no POST then one of the main components isn't working:

Power Supply, Motherboard, Memory, or CPU. One of those is your problem. You said your MB blew... as in Shorted or something serious like that? Did you replace the Power Supply?

orwell

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
stupid me, didn't connect the pciE power to the 8800gts.

Sorry, but now it won't boot, although everything is running smooth, seemingly. I think it is the cmos.

Blacktalon9mil

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2007
This may sound stupid, But did you double check to make sure you had hooked power up to your video card (SLI AND CROSSFIRE require additional power hookups other than just the PCI slot unlike regular video cards) If you have not, it will be a six pin power cable, your system will shreak with a high pitched siren if this is not hooked up.