Help cant get internet on two Comps at once

Frozen_Fallout

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
We have a hub the Linksys EW5hub its a 5 port hub that should allow for up to 4 comps on the internet at once but it only allows one at a time we need to reset everything we want to use the internet and make sure the other one isn't on. Whats going on? The internet works fine only for one computer and we also cant see each other through the network if the internet is hooked up to the hub. I can't figure it out and its ticking me off. We did have a router that we used but my roomate moved out and took it with him. It says its internet ready for 5 computers. So anyone out there have any idea whats going on? Everything worked fine for the Router but as soon as you hook up the hub it only works on one computer at a time.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
What I think happened is you bought a hub instead of a router. So, all 4 computers are physically linked to the internet, but your ISP only allows one at a time to be logged on.

Get a 4-port (or 5-port, whatever) Broadband Router, and you'll be able to share the connection between all the PCs.

Mike.

icemann77

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2005
yup,you need to buy a router and not a hub.you still can use the hub to share the internet.but you must enable an ICS on one pc to share the internet to the other pc. :wink: