Question Help! Cant get z607 5.1 surround sound to work with PC

Nov 6, 2022
Hey all!

I bought a logitech z607 5.1 surround sound system to use with my PC

Before buying it, i didnt even think that it would be an issue to get setup...little did i know haha

Ive tried juat about everything and i simply cant get it the 5 speakers + subwoofer to work with my PC. I can get the front left and front right speaker to work, but thats it

What ive tried só far:

-plugged the speakers in to my computer using a P2-RCA cable

-downloaded every imaginable driver (reset all my Windows áudio drivers, downloaded tons of different realtek drivers etc.) and messed around with all the áudio configs, making sure its on 5.1

-bought an external USB sound card and tried connecting the speakers through the external sound card with 3 P2-RCA cables. At this point, i was told that the z607 system doesnt have a "native 5.1 converter",

-bought a a digital to analog 5.1 converter and hooked my PC up to the speakers through 3 RCA-RCA caules and an Aux conection to the PCs line out

And nothing gets the other 3 speakers to work, i can only get stereo 2.1 áudio. It seems nuts to me that its so hard to get a 5.1 áudio system to play 5.1 áudio and im almost giving up. Any help would be a godsend!!

Download and install audio drivers from MB Disk or motherboard website. (For your motherboard)
Set-up can be different depending on board and chipset Gigabyte wants me to insert 1 audio jack at a time and then tell the software what I just plugged in)
I use 5-1 system but need to select 7-1 to get all the speakers working.
You should list OS, and motherboard for others.

Nov 6, 2022
OS is Windows 10 pro

The motherboard is ASUSTeK A320M-K/BR, Rev X.0x

So i should reinstall the drivers for my motherboard? Are Realtek drivers important? Sorry for what may be dumb questions, at this point ive downloaded 6 or 7 different sets of drivers and im getting lost on what really matters haha

Edit: downloaded and installed the latest drivers, no change

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022
At this point, im leaning towards buying a new motherboard that is built for 5.1 sound, with front left and center/sub auido jacks...but id theres any other workaround, id prefer that then shelling out more $$

Hey all!

I bought a logitech z607 5.1 surround sound system to use with my PC

Before buying it, i didnt even think that it would be an issue to get setup...little did i know haha

Ive tried juat about everything and i simply cant get it the 5 speakers + subwoofer to work with my PC. I can get the front left and front right speaker to work, but thats it

What ive tried só far:

-plugged the speakers in to my computer using a P2-RCA cable

-downloaded every imaginable driver (reset all my Windows áudio drivers, downloaded tons of different realtek drivers etc.) and messed around with all the áudio configs, making sure its on 5.1

-bought an external USB sound card and tried connecting the speakers through the external sound card with 3 P2-RCA cables. At this point, i was told that the z607 system doesnt have a "native 5.1 converter",

-bought a a digital to analog 5.1 converter and hooked my PC up to the speakers through 3 RCA-RCA caules and an Aux conection to the PCs line out

And nothing gets the other 3 speakers to work, i can only get stereo 2.1 áudio. It seems nuts to me that its so hard to get a 5.1 áudio system to play 5.1 áudio and im almost giving up. Any help would be a godsend!!

Did you check with Logitech support about how to get the speakers working? Or their support forums? There is a Sound option on the Z607 remote that swaps it from 2.1 to 5.1 sound, did you try tapping that? That system is a pretty simple one, if you have a 5.1 sound card with the outputs, should be working as long as you have a 5.1 audio source going to it. If the audio is 2.1 then it will only work out of the front speakers. You don't need any converter since the outputs from the sound card to the speakers using RCA cables would be analog.