[SOLVED] Help. Cant identify problem. Pc wont boot.

Bells

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Apologies If this ia short on information. Um having to use my phone.

Recently my Pc was randomly rebooting. Its been a while since i gave It a cleaning, so i dusted It and the problem was gone.

Reseated the ram, and the gpu no problems since.

Today se had a Power outage, and now the Pc wont fully boot.

ALL fans spins. All case lights turn. No beeps. Also no vídeo and the keyboard and mouse wont power.

I haver a pretty good psu a seasonic that IS even more than my Pc requires. Its clean, and Its been working fine. I Sidney skimp on that when i put the Pc together.

I took the psu out, cleaned It Just to bem site, plug everything back in. No change.

Also i have surge protection on this Pc on the outlet especially to Prevent these surges. Other eletronics seem Fine.

Pc is a bit old, 6 years now. Bit the componentes are solid and well kept.

I Heard tbat sometimes after Power surges the eletrocity on the outlet may not be fully stable for a while which makes the Pc not Power UP properly Until It does... in which case Just waiting sometimes fixes the issue. Could this be It?

Both my psu and gpu are the types where the fan only turns when under load. And even after letting the whole thing powered for Just about half an hour there ia no excessive heat noise or beeps.

Im at a loss here. Any help would be great.

Solution
Just an update in case anybody had the same problem.

Eventually i disconnected the 12Pin from the Mobo, gave it a few minutes with the PSU also disconnected. And it worked. Seems fine ever since.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Does your residence have an established ground? If not, your surge protector is nothing more than a power strip.

Is your surge protector equally as old? It offers limited protection that'll likely expire long before 6 years.

If the motherboard lights up, do any of the following diagnostic LEDs remain on?
Green - boot
Red - cpu
Yellow/orange - memory
White - VGA

And the fans spin up too... doesn't sound like the psu is dead, but the following surge from the blackout probably killed one of your components.

Bells

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Just an update in case anybody had the same problem.

Eventually i disconnected the 12Pin from the Mobo, gave it a few minutes with the PSU also disconnected. And it worked. Seems fine ever since.

Solution