[Help] Cant initialize SSD due to "device not ready" and diskpart shows Size of the ssd is 0gb

cesc_abhi

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
I used my samsung evo for a couple of days on my old macbook (running el capitan) as an internal drive and now I'm trying to set it up as an external drive for my other Windows 10 laptop. The only problem is, I cant initialize it. Disk mgmt shows "device not ready".

The drive is not showing under This PC

I tried to use diskpart but noticed something peculiar, It shows that the disk is online, but the size of the disk is 0GB. Also, While using "convert GPT", it displayed the same error - "The device is not ready"

Here's what I think might be the problem. (in my defense, I was drunk) While I was still using it on my macbook, The last thing I did was to delete the only partition the drive had using disk utility while trying to install show leopard over el capitan using the old cd I had. I should've taken the appropriate steps to do the task.

There's no important data on the SSD, I just want to be able to use it again. How do I troubleshoot this ?

Solution
Not likely to be anything you can do. Most likely the SSD is tweaked and isn't responding. A lot of SSDs have firmware glitches that make them stop responding.

Double check all your connections to be sure there's no issue there, reseat it, etc. and if that doesn't help RMA it.

JaredDM

Honorable
Not likely to be anything you can do. Most likely the SSD is tweaked and isn't responding. A lot of SSDs have firmware glitches that make them stop responding.

Double check all your connections to be sure there's no issue there, reseat it, etc. and if that doesn't help RMA it.

Solution