Help. Can't Sign In to the Forum

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Except for the one machine I never sign out from, I cannot sign in here to Tom's Hardware Forum anymore on any of my other machines. It's been like that for days. I enter my name and password but the page simply says "we're sorry, something went wrong when attempting to sign in". Help.

Solution
D
I've had to pause Ghostery and uBlock Origin to log in recently. Are you running any blockers? If so try pausing them while the log in goes through.
D

Deleted member 217926

I've had to pause Ghostery and uBlock Origin to log in recently. Are you running any blockers? If so try pausing them while the log in goes through.

Solution

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

I recommend anort3's suggestion. If you're still having issues send us an email at community@tomshardware.com

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Thanks. Email sent.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Thanks for the input. What are you recommending exactly? I don't have any of those add-ons running. And I already tried disabling Adblock. I'm using the latest FF btw.

D

Deleted member 217926

Tools > Options > Privacy and Security > Make sure all third party cookies aren't disabled. Having, Trackers ( recommended ) selected seems to work fine. After that I'm out of ideas.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Yeah, unfortunately mine is as it should be. 3rd party cookies are not disabled and trackers is checked (only in private windows).
Everything had always been working normal On all my machines for years... until just before this weekend. It just started happening this past weekend.
I just went to COLGeek's link above and see I'm not the only one with this issue. Can it be a glitch on your end? It only seems to affect the machines I sign out on.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Yes. Something changed with the site's security, I think. The Assistant Community Manager here emailed me and suggested (again) that I disable Tomsardware.com in Adblocker. This time it worked! Now I can log in on all my other machines. I've used Adblock... forever. Never had an issue logging in here before. But at least now I know, it's fixed, and I'm good to go. So thanks to you all for helping me walk thru this.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

I never change the settings to allow cookies etc., and I even add filters for blocking in the custom tab.
I think signatures from some of the adblockers get updated and cause issues. I use Ublock Origin because of the filter customization features.

D

Deleted member 217926

It's the site. It's only recently I've had to disable Ghostery and ( or ) uBlock Origin to log in. I didn't test them individually but I've run both for years with no problems.