HELP!! CD DRIVES WON"T ACKNOWLEDGE CD!!!!

Hello and thanks for reading this. I can't get my cd
drives to pick up inserted disk. Once in a while after
coninuous trying, I have gotten it to pick it, and then it
doen't work properly. I can't install the rest of my
programs. Please help if you have any ideas.
Thanks so much, Jana

I have regular cd drive, and also Phillips burner.

Based on that information it could be your CDROM Drive, the BUS, or a dirty
CDROM. Can it read any CDROMs? Are the CDROM Drives on the same IDE/SCSI
controller? Have you changed any drivers/added any new software/hardware?
Has it ever worked? If so, when did it stop working? Does Device Manager
show any problems?

--
Elijah Landreth [MSFT]
Enterprise Platform Support