Help: Change TTL's for all records in a zone

Im moving a whole bunch of domains (each with
multiple records) to a new server, so I want
to change the TTL's per zone, not at the record
level.

My domains are all setup as primary. I see
When advanced view is turned on that many of my
A records and SOA records TTL's are different. I want
them all matching, and want to be able to change
them all at once per zone.

I know this has been beat around on this newsgroup,
but I sure cant find the exact answer anywhere. Your help
is greatly appriacted!

-Brendan

In news:4cbdb58c.0406250551.d3f6d31@posting.google.com,
Brendan O <wildirishtiming@hotmail.com> posted their thoughts, then I
offered mine
> Im moving a whole bunch of domains (each with
> multiple records) to a new server, so I want
> to change the TTL's per zone, not at the record
> level.
>
> My domains are all setup as primary. I see
> When advanced view is turned on that many of my
> A records and SOA records TTL's are different. I want
> them all matching, and want to be able to change
> them all at once per zone.
>
> I know this has been beat around on this newsgroup,
> but I sure cant find the exact answer anywhere. Your help
> is greatly appriacted!
>
> -Brendan

When a record is created, the record will take on the zone's default TTL
settings. If they were changed often, then I can see why you're seeing
different values. Unless you are looking at the cached look up values? If
so, you see the TTL counting down from the last time a resolution occured.

If the TTL defaults on the zone properties were changed often as you were
creating records and you want to reset them, there is a tool called DNSCMD
that you can use to batch it. Foind in the WIndows Support Tools on your
CDROM.

--
Regards,
Ace

Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.
This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no
rights.

HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a
pig. --