[SOLVED] Help, Changed cooler, pc wont boot now

Apr 20, 2019
My silent loop 240 pump died and i kept an error. “Cpu over temperature and had 90degree celsius in the bios.
After buying a dark rock pro 4 and installing it. My pc wont boot anymore.

I7-7700k and Asus Z270e.

The fans all work and the rainbow light on the Mobo works. There is also an orange light coming from the top right corner.
I tried connecting the DVI to the Gpu and onboard. With and without gpu.

Solution
from what I can find on the forms they suggest removing all your componants such as Video card and Ram, then try booting system just using 1 stick of RAM . I am not 100% sure what the issue is, but myself I would take out everything but the 1 stick of RAM and seeing if that works, then I would slowly add back pieces to see if perhaps a RAM stick is fried, or maybe something wrong with Video card. as well I have experienced strange issues using different CPU coolers, in my instance it the cooler was effecting my RAM and possibly my CPU temperature sensors, putting the cooler that was included with my CPU seemed to fix my issue, so perhaps cooler is too tight?

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
from what I can find on the forms they suggest removing all your componants such as Video card and Ram, then try booting system just using 1 stick of RAM . I am not 100% sure what the issue is, but myself I would take out everything but the 1 stick of RAM and seeing if that works, then I would slowly add back pieces to see if perhaps a RAM stick is fried, or maybe something wrong with Video card. as well I have experienced strange issues using different CPU coolers, in my instance it the cooler was effecting my RAM and possibly my CPU temperature sensors, putting the cooler that was included with my CPU seemed to fix my issue, so perhaps cooler is too tight?

Reactions: JRBN1
Solution