help choose a card to buy gxt 1060 3gb or gtx 10606gb

s-hussain786

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2013
hi guys i am from india i want to buy a card in midrange in india nvidia website is offering gtx 1060 6gb version at 24500rs where as in amazon i get other cards such as msi im 24k3gb-34k 6gb or gb version so can anyone plz help choose a card bcoz nvidia sotre cards are out of stock now and i just want a card the price difference between msi 3gb and 6gb is like 10k so help get a card in my budget of 25000rs .ty for the reply in advance

Solution
6GB... Just thought I'd put my two cents in with everyone else. I have a couple 1060 6GB cards in laptops and I've seen the benchmarks between the two. It's definitely worth the extra cost but it depends on what your trying to do with the card. If you are playing DOTA or other MOBA style games which aren't overly intensive then a 1050ti or higher is fine. If your pouring in some graphic intensive apps/games then you might want to invest in at least a 1070 if you wanna display in Quad or higher or even FHD with Full Ultra settings. It really comes down to what you expect to do with the video card. Good luck!
The 1060 6gb is significantly better than the 3gb model. The 6gb model also has more cuda cores. So the better performance is the 6gb model. But, if you cant afford the 6gb, then it may be your only option.

What are the prices on the RX 580? The 580 and 1060 are very similar in performance. GPU prices are down and the 580 may be an option.

What resolution and Hz is your monitor? I know it's quite common for many people in India to still be using what we would consider low resolution like 1280x1024 @ 60Hz.....in which case the 1060 3GB is more than enough. But for 1920x1080 60Hz, then the 6GB version is a lot better.

go7hic13

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
6GB... Just thought I'd put my two cents in with everyone else. I have a couple 1060 6GB cards in laptops and I've seen the benchmarks between the two. It's definitely worth the extra cost but it depends on what your trying to do with the card. If you are playing DOTA or other MOBA style games which aren't overly intensive then a 1050ti or higher is fine. If your pouring in some graphic intensive apps/games then you might want to invest in at least a 1070 if you wanna display in Quad or higher or even FHD with Full Ultra settings. It really comes down to what you expect to do with the video card. Good luck!

Solution