I am keeping only :
the GPU MSI R9 380 4G,
the psu CORSAIR VS SERIES VS650,
and all the hard drives.

What I am buying is:
CoolerMaster MasterBox MB530P,
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 ,
MSI X470 Gaming Pro,
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz DDR4.

Now considering the cpu cooler I am thinking CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML240L RGB. It seems pretty good plus it's within my budget and it saves me from needing to buy the two top fans. The other altenative is an aircooler but I believe it will impact the looks of my system. I 've never used watercooling before and that's why I am a bit hesitant.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Solution
but as the power my upgrades will need is less than my current components need I don't believe the upgrade is necessary.
Well I understand your logic, however it's not about power requirement, it's about quality. Point 1 elaborates a bit here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/

I've seen the VS series cause multiple issues in various systems. It will work fine, but it's not a PSU that's great quality regardless as to wattage, as it's a budget line. Obviously it's down to you, just giving the heads up :)

Well there is always technically risk of a watercooling leaking, but it's fairly minimal, it's much more likely for the pump to fail...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Just remember the VS Corsair series are pretty poor quality and aren't really made for many gaming rigs, so you may want to look at this, especially if it is an older model.

Nothing wrong with watercooling, it's not necessarily any more effective than air cooling, but tends to look nicer. The ML240L is perfectly fine. What is your budget and what do you want from the cooler exactly?

Reactions: kon.stamoulis.00

kon.stamoulis.00

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
I have already passed my budget.. but I want to make a good futureproof system. I know that the psu isn't very good but as the power my upgrades will need is less than my current components need I don't believe the upgrade is necessary.
Considering the cooler I want a normal cooler that can handle maybe some oc. My main concern with watercooling is that it might leak and f something.. I prefer watercooling because of the looks though.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
but as the power my upgrades will need is less than my current components need I don't believe the upgrade is necessary.
Well I understand your logic, however it's not about power requirement, it's about quality. Point 1 elaborates a bit here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/

I've seen the VS series cause multiple issues in various systems. It will work fine, but it's not a PSU that's great quality regardless as to wattage, as it's a budget line. Obviously it's down to you, just giving the heads up :)

Well there is always technically risk of a watercooling leaking, but it's fairly minimal, it's much more likely for the pump to fail first. In reality the big risk is custom loop water cooling, not AIO loops.

Overall, the ML240L is a good water cooler for the budget, you won't find many other AIO loops around the same price from what I've seen. Plenty of air coolers. But to get the looks you want you'd probably be spending more and the case has a pretty big radiator support.

Solution