druidxd

Reputable
Jun 19, 2016
Hello! I've been thinking on changing my display for a few months, and wanted move from the 60hz i've used all my life to 144hz, I mostly play competitive games such as League of Legends, Rocket League, so I'm pretty sure my RX 580 will be enough for it, but I don't really know which brand or specific model is good at this moment. I'm searching for some relatively cheap displays, around 150-200$.
I saw a few days ago the Acer Nitro XFA240Q and the VG240Y, both fit under the price range I can afford, and both are 144hz, are those any good? If you know any other good displays, please let me know!
Thanks for reading!

Solution
It is just the cable, I believe they both offer display port, just an additional expense.

DisplayPort is the only way to use the G-Sync compatible feature. Not a big deal for now with your RX580, but will come in handy in the future if/when you switch to Nvidia.

If I had to pick, I would spend a little more and get the best of both worlds:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fTmFf7/asus-tuf-gaming-vg259q-245-1920x1080-144-hz-monitor-vg259q

Between those two, I would lean towards the IPS display. I don't trust whatever response time they are measuring, but the color and viewing angles are nice. If you are all about the gaming performance, then the TN panel. It is good that it comes with a good stand, because you'll want it at the...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, you are basically picking between TN and IPS displays, I believe.

XFA nicely includes the display port cable and has the nicer stand.

But the VG240Y has the better viewing angles and color I would imagine. Slightly larger too.

druidxd

Reputable
Jun 19, 2016
Well, you are basically picking between TN and IPS displays, I believe.

XFA nicely includes the display port cable and has the nicer stand.

But the VG240Y has the better viewing angles and color I would imagine. Slightly larger too.
I don't really mind about the stand but the fact that XFA includes Display Port is actually a thing to have in mind considering my country is still in quarantine, is the difference between HDMI and Display Port so noticeable?
And if you were the one to choose, which would you pick?
Thanks for the reply!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
It is just the cable, I believe they both offer display port, just an additional expense.

DisplayPort is the only way to use the G-Sync compatible feature. Not a big deal for now with your RX580, but will come in handy in the future if/when you switch to Nvidia.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fTmFf7/asus-tuf-gaming-vg259q-245-1920x1080-144-hz-monitor-vg259q

Between those two, I would lean towards the IPS display. I don't trust whatever response time they are measuring, but the color and viewing angles are nice. If you are all about the gaming performance, then the TN panel. It is good that it comes with a good stand, because you'll want it at the right height for the best experience.

Solution

druidxd

Reputable
Jun 19, 2016

Between those two, I would lean towards the IPS display. I don't trust whatever response time they are measuring, but the color and viewing angles are nice. If you are all about the gaming performance, then the TN panel. It is good that it comes with a good stand, because you'll want it at the right height for the best experience.
I would abstolutely love to get the one you linked, the problem is I live in Argentina, so the shipping and all the taxes make the price go from 250$ to roughly 700$, sadly.
Thank you for your response! It really helped me (Sorry for answering so late btw, I just forgot to check if you replied)