[SOLVED] Help choosing a 27 inch monitor

Solution
hi mrgr
Thank you for the detailed response.
The only reason i considered the 32 inch is that the 27 might not be the biggest upgrade from my current 24 inch samsung TV i use for my pc.
however, the 27 inch is 75hz, 1ms and free-sync

I'm also bit worried that the 32 inch might be too big for a 1080P monitor and everything might look too blurry?

I didnt consider bigger monitors like 144hz and so, is because only in some rare cases like DMC 5 i can reach 100+fps with vulkan, however, it barely reaches 60 in other games.

max MAX i can spend is 200-230$

When I bought my 32" I had a 1060 6GB. In my uneducated opinion, 1080p looked fantastic on the monitor. Just about everyone I talked to told me the same thing, that 1080p on a...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
VP278QG 27 Inch 1080P@75 free-sync (TN panel)
NITRO VG0 27 inch 1080P@60 free sync (ips panel)
DELL - SE2719H 27 inch 1080P@60
Samsung CF391 27 inch curved 1080P@60 free sync
Samsung CF391 32 inch curved 1080p@60

I have RX-580, Ryzen 5 2600 & 8gb memory

i wanted to get a 27" one, but i saw that samsung 32 inch is like, only 10% more expensive.

Hi @youssif9494

Here's a quick & dirty overview of the different types of monitor screens.

Freesync is very nice, especially if you don't exactly have a powerful GPU, but even if you do, it's still very nice.

A few months ago I upgraded to a 1440p 32" curved monitor from an older 1080p 27" and it honestly took me a little while to get used to the curved monitor as it was my 1st and my eyes had to adjust to the screens curvature, but it is hands down the best monitor I have ever had. The extra screen size is also great.

Your system looks nice overall, but I would strongly advise you to upgrade to 16GB.

Whats your max "spend-right-now" budget?

youssif9494

Reputable
Apr 13, 2019
Hi @youssif9494

Here's a quick & dirty overview of the different types of monitor screens.

Freesync is very nice, especially if you don't exactly have a powerful GPU, but even if you do, it's still very nice.

A few months ago I upgraded to a 1440p 32" curved monitor from an older 1080p 27" and it honestly took me a little while to get used to the curved monitor as it was my 1st and my eyes had to adjust to the screens curvature, but it is hands down the best monitor I have ever had. The extra screen size is also great.

Your system looks nice overall, but I would strongly advise you to upgrade to 16GB.

Whats your max "spend-right-now" budget?

hi mrgr
The only reason i considered the 32 inch is that the 27 might not be the biggest upgrade from my current 24 inch samsung TV i use for my pc.

I'm also bit worried that the 32 inch might be too big for a 1080P monitor and everything might look too blurry?

I didnt consider bigger monitors like 144hz and so, is because only in some rare cases like DMC 5 i can reach 100+fps with vulkan, however, it barely reaches 60 in other games.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
hi mrgr

When I bought my 32" I had a 1060 6GB. In my uneducated opinion, 1080p looked fantastic on the monitor. Just about everyone I talked to told me the same thing, that 1080p on a 32" monitor would look blurry &/or streched and so not to buy it. I was stubborn and ignored them all and bought the monitor anyways. Glad I did.

Keep in mind that you'll prob. upgrade your GPU at some point as well. Not trying to push you towards the 32", but I just did a quick review of it and it was actually one of the ones I was looking at myself before I bought my current monitor. The primary reason being my 32" was 1440p, Freesync & 144hz. I used the same logic I just told you, that I knew at some point I'd have a better GPU than my 1060 someday to take advantage of the larger screen. (Which came to pass as my brother-in-law got me a 5700XT for xmas)

Your monitors hz really (though not only) comes into play if you have vsync enabled. So a 60hz could run a game at 100+ FPS with no problem, you just may have screen tearing. Freesync is nice, but I turned it off as I felt I had better visuals with it off. Again, thats just me & how my eyes see. You may or may not have better vision than I do and so Freesync may look better to you then it did for me.

Reactions: youssif9494
Solution