Help Choosing a new MoBo

jhezreel708

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
Hello! I was thinking bout buying a new mobo for my pc and I've been choose between
Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX
Gigabyte GA-X99-Phoenix SLI
Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming

could hardly see any difference between any of those gigabyte mobos. was thinking bout going x99 Ultra gaming for my msi x99 so the color would fit but i'd like to know the difference between each.

or

MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard

I have an msi 980ti gpu and was thinking bout buying a gigabyte mobo.,I know you'd say that my rig would look nuts.

I'm also choosing between an i7-4790,i7-6700 skylake, and an i5-6600k.
Can you please help me choose with it? Thank you! and sorry for my bad english.
it's my first time posting here. :)

Solution

Hello, :)

You...

NerdIT

Distinguished

Hello, :)

You are right there is not much difference other than specific features on all three of the gigabyte boards. They all have the same Intel x99 Express chipset - so they will all perform (roughly) the same. The EX has Thunderbolt support, that's the biggest difference I can see.

So, I say go for the cheaper and/or color you want.

Also, I would recommend checking out the i7-5820k. It's got 6 cores and overclocks fairly well (most chips easily break 4.0GHz on air cooling) , and its at a competitive price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleKWLess&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleKWLess-_-DSA-_-CategoryPages-_-NA&gclid=Cj0KEQjwvve_BRDmg9Kt9ufO15EBEiQAKoc6qud1NpY0gd149kkiMqFnLV9_9Zf3n47hvCQ4Jd9__GoaAsxh8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

The 980ti is an awesome card! You would have a nice setup with that GPU, and any of those boards/CPUs

Hope this helps.

Solution

jhezreel708

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016

Thanks! but regarding the processor :c I'm kinda, on a tight budget that's why i gave out the three cpus any suggestion between the three? or atleast the downside of each?

NerdIT

Distinguished

I can't believe I missed this - the i7-4790 does NOT use the LGA 2011-3 socket which is what those boards use. It needs a LGA 1150 socket. So that chip wont work on those boards.

It's a an older socket that is being phased out. So you have to pick between the 6700 and 6600

NerdIT

Distinguished

The 5820k is a great chip, and yes those mobos use DDR4. The x99 chipset utilizes DDR4

TRENDING THREADS