[SOLVED] Help Choosing a PSU from two old ones I have

May 23, 2020
Need PSU Advice

Currently have two power supplies and I’m not sure which one to use. One is a 10 year old Thermaltake 700W Toughpower which I cleaned out from a ton of dust. I’m pretty sure it worked before it was given to me. Here’s the product web page:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...ake-toughpower-w0105ru-700w/p/N82E16817153035

The other power supply is pulled from a pre-built Asus Desktop and is Delta DPS-500AB-6 A which seems cheaper and doesn’t have those rubber protectors on the capacitors on the inside, but I know Delta makes decent power supplies. I think the PSU is about 6 years old at worst.

I’m lost. I’m pairing it with an i7-4770 + RX 480 8GB build. Given both work, which one would be more reliable?

Solution
That TT PSU is ancient. And i can't find any info on that Delta PSU but it's probably group regulated, so old design anyway. Get a new PSU, smth for about 70$ should do if you're in US, like Corsair CX 450W, Antec Neo Eco Gold, bq! Pure Power 11 400W.
Need PSU Advice

Currently have two power supplies and I’m not sure which one to use. One is a 10 year old Thermaltake 700W Toughpower which I cleaned out from a ton of dust. I’m pretty sure it worked before it was given to me. Here’s the product web page:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...ake-toughpower-w0105ru-700w/p/N82E16817153035

The other power supply is pulled from a pre-built Asus Desktop and is Delta DPS-500AB-6 A which seems cheaper and doesn’t have those rubber protectors on the capacitors on the inside, but I know Delta makes decent power supplies. I think the PSU is about 6 years old at worst.

I’m lost. I’m pairing it with an i7-4770 + RX 480 8GB build. Given both work, which one would be more reliable?
Get a new one

Reactions: jonnyguru

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
That TT PSU is ancient. And i can't find any info on that Delta PSU but it's probably group regulated, so old design anyway. Get a new PSU, smth for about 70$ should do if you're in US, like Corsair CX 450W, Antec Neo Eco Gold, bq! Pure Power 11 400W.

Solution