Question help choosing laptop

Feb 22, 2020
1. What is your budget? 1000-1400 £

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13 or 15 "

3. What screen resolution do you want? doesnt matter as i will be getting a dock will connect to 2 x external 1440p monitors

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement laptop

5. How much battery life do you need? over 6 hours and above be good

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? want to be able to play some games prolly low end play alot of football manager

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) browsing /low end gaming / video editing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 512 gb m2 ssd and a extra ssd drive bay to add my own ssd

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. looking for ideas/suggestions

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? as long as possible

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? dont need any of these

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. dont like dell had problems with them before

13. What country do you live in? uk

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. would like to be as quiet as possible and have capasity to expand ram

1. What is your budget? 1000-1400 £

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13 or 15 "

3. What screen resolution do you want? doesnt matter as i will be getting a dock will connect to 2 x external 1440p monitors

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement laptop

5. How much battery life do you need? over 6 hours and above be good

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? want to be able to play some games prolly low end play alot of football manager

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) browsing /low end gaming / video editing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 512 gb m2 ssd and a extra ssd drive bay to add my own ssd

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. looking for ideas/suggestions

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? as long as possible

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? dont need any of these

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. dont like dell had problems with them before

13. What country do you live in? uk

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. would like to be as quiet as possible and have capasity to expand ram

Well for the dock you'll need TB3 I'd imagine, is this for a job, uni or just hobby? Gut instinct is Mac for photo and video editing but the budget is too low, unless you'd want to pay monthly or go used. XPS I personally don't like and the Surafce laptop 2 doesn't have TB3, the surface 3 does but I haven't played with that. Razer has QC issues, maybe the LG gram? but that hasn't been updated in a while.

Feb 22, 2020
Well for the dock you'll need TB3 I'd imagine, is this for a job, uni or just hobby? Gut instinct is Mac for photo and video editing but the budget is too low, unless you'd want to pay monthly or go used. XPS I personally don't like and the Surafce laptop 2 doesn't have TB3, the surface 3 does but I haven't played with that. Razer has QC issues, maybe the LG gram? but that hasn't been updated in a while.
Hi lordvile thanks for answering
Yes thunderbolt would be good
It’s for a hobby really I could prolly stretch to 1500-1600 if got a better machine
Have you any thoughts on Lenovo’ p53?

Hi lordvile thanks for answering
Yes thunderbolt would be good
It’s for a hobby really I could prolly stretch to 1500-1600 if got a better machine
Have you any thoughts on Lenovo’ p53?
I've had an argument here or on LTT over the P53 as of late! From what I remember user reviews aren't great, QC seems a bit of an issue, it's a chunky boy and made of plastic. It manged to be a lot heavier than the MacBook pro even with the MBP having a larger screen, battery and being made of metal, though the P53 was nearly twice as thick. Isn't something I'd want to be lugging around tbh. Look at used razer blades they might be decently priced though I've heard RMA is a nightmare. Used macbooks are pretty solid. 4c/8t 2015 models go for around 600-700 and you can get 2016-2018 pros for under 1500. Something like this:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-Ma...857148?hash=item2ae2181b7c:g:9yYAAOSwzEdeUWJD

Feb 22, 2020
I've had an argument here or on LTT over the P53 as of late! From what I remember user reviews aren't great, QC seems a bit of an issue, it's a chunky boy and made of plastic. It manged to be a lot heavier than the MacBook pro even with the MBP having a larger screen, battery and being made of metal, though the P53 was nearly twice as thick. Isn't something I'd want to be lugging around tbh. Look at used razer blades they might be decently priced though I've heard RMA is a nightmare. Used macbooks are pretty solid. 4c/8t 2015 models go for around 600-700 and you can get 2016-2018 pros for under 1500.
What model razor you suggest ? I did have a look at the base model any thought ?

What model razor you suggest ? I did have a look at the base model any thought ?
If you're getting it used you should look for i7, 512GB SSD and at least a 1070. I'd look at the blade 15. You might be able to get something similar to this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Razer-Bl...594419&hash=item263448e32c:g:Bf4AAOSwsxFeSs6j but I would honestly look at the mac I posted in my last reply because it would be much better for photo and video editing, especially if you go with Final Cut as video editing software.

Feb 22, 2020
Before I push the button on a razor 2018 are there any other think pads to consider ?
I liked the look of the Lenovo x1 extreme just bit too expensive