Question Help choosing pro color monitors

richardrosenman

Reputable
Jan 8, 2019
Hi gang!

I’ve been working on the 3D animation field for ages. Believe it or not, I’m still using my dual Dell 24” 1080p monitors from ten years ago. These are actually LCD and not even LED! lol. I think the monitors are 2408WFPb monitors.

Anyway, the time has come for an upgrade. There are some things I know I want and others I don’t. I want to get another dual set and either 24” or 27”.

I do NOT want 4k. I’ve ready many times the Adobe Suite doesn’t play nicely and everything is too small to see. As such, I am looking at 1440p which is in between and allows me to see a full 1080p image onscreen with some additional space for the interface.

Color is very important! Specifically to be able to see a full gamut with deep blacks and bright whites.

I like Dell. For color, I’ve been told some of the best are the Dell Ultrasharps and the BenQ monitors. I know they should be IPS panels.

Last but not least I guess the budget I’d like to keep it at is around $300-$400 per monitor.

Do you experiences folks have any recommendations?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Rich

richardrosenman

Reputable
Jan 8, 2019
Can anyone who’s used both a 4K and a 1440p monitor with the Adobe Suite, especially After Effects, comment on their experiences?

Again, I’ve been told by a number of people that 4K with the Adobe Suite makes the interface too small to easily see or click on?

Thanks,
Richard