help choosing speakers?

eduardo_12

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
i want to buy a pair of speaker for my truck but i dont know which ones are bettter for a good bass, i know a subwoofer is better but i dont have space for it.

KICKER CS Series 43CSS694 6x9 2 way polypropylene cones rms: 150wtts
peak power handling:450 wtts min frequency;30 hrtz max frequency:21 klhtz
91 decibels 4ohms

MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO MCX69 carbon fiber cones 6x9 2 way rms:60 wtts peak power:120 wtts mix frequency:58 htz max frequency;20 klhtz
91 decibels

JBL GX962 6X9 2 way polypropylene cones rms:100wtts peak power:300wtts
min frequency:45htz max frequency:21klhtz
94 decibels 2.3 ohms

KICKER 40PS692 6X9 COAXIAL polypropylene cones rms:90 wtts peak power:180 wtts
min frequency 40 htz maz frequency:20 klhtz
87.3 decibels 2ohms

Solution
I have a 1500 ram myself, stock speakers are junk! Stock headunit, same one in all the chryslers, works fine but nothing special. As I wouldn't expect it to output the best sound quality, then I'd focus on the better bass speaker rather than overall sound definition, as the stock unit wouldn't make much use of the broader range I bet. I say grab the JBLs, but I don't think you'll go wrong with any of them.

Alpine makes some nice and very small amplifiers, small enough you could even tuck behind the dash if you ever wanted more power.

phaelax

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
The Kicker CS series has a lower frequency response at 30Hz, so those would technically pick up more bass. And reviews on crutchfield are all pretty positive. The JBLs also have good reviews, several claiming good bass quality.

Based on technical specs and reviews, that's all I can do as I've never used any of these specific speakers. If bass from a 6x9 is your focus, I might lean towards the JBL just because of reviews pointing out the bass more. For a broader range of sound, I'll go with the kickers. But unless you're an audiophile, I doubt you'll notice much difference between the two as most aftermarket speakers are an improvement over factory.

What headunit are you using?

eduardo_12

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016

Factory from a ram 2500 2006

phaelax

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
I have a 1500 ram myself, stock speakers are junk! Stock headunit, same one in all the chryslers, works fine but nothing special. As I wouldn't expect it to output the best sound quality, then I'd focus on the better bass speaker rather than overall sound definition, as the stock unit wouldn't make much use of the broader range I bet. I say grab the JBLs, but I don't think you'll go wrong with any of them.

Alpine makes some nice and very small amplifiers, small enough you could even tuck behind the dash if you ever wanted more power.

Solution