HELP! Cinebench score LOWER than before! Ryzen 3 1200

Royal Sniper

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
Hi everyone a little over 5 months ago, I overclocked my Ryzen 3 1200 @ 3.95GHz on 1.24v, I stress tested it with prime 95, cinebench and etc. and everything was flawlessly smooth and great, my score was 591 cb and temps and everything were fine.

Unfortunately, Just recently I went to do a test with Cinebench to check to see how it performs and about 2 weeks ago it was 570, and now it's 553! I LOST PERFORMANCE!

I feel like something is wrong with my cpu, because now i'm facing a lot of stuttering in some of my games, even though i'm getting 40-60+ FPS

I'm pretty scared and my first thought would be the spectre and meltdown problem, I'm meltdown protected but not spectre protected, I think I should update the BIOS to the latest version and see from there, but do you guys think that maybe my OC is still somehow not stable, because I did test it in small increments with voltage and oc with IntelBurnTest and Prime95 for like 20mins each time.

https://imgur.com/rgKEslQ

If any of u guys could help me, I'd really appreciate it.

- Thanks

Royal

Solution
check the temps on GPU for game shuttering do clean driver install with no overclocking, as for synthetic bench they can go up or down 10% check background processes on system.

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015

what worked for me was installing the latest amd chipset drivers.

Masoner

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
Do you have a program that allows you to monitor your temps/speeds..etc? I suggest

CPUID HWmonitor it's works amazingly well and it's free. Also, get CPU-Z it's also free and it tells you exactly what version your chipset, bios and the speed of your RAM is at.

I would start there and leave it up in the back ground as you do your daily routine. It checks Current Value, Min and MAX so you can see what your CPU and GPU is doing.

Also there is many programs that will lower your Cinebench score. I close out of STEAM and BLIZZARDS APP when I run it. Make sure you don't have stuff running that you don't need. Try running it 3 times and take the average.

Royal Sniper

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015

Hey Masoner thanks for the reply, I fixed this problem months ago, just found it it was sometimes Service host or cortana that had a small impact on the point system, I got my exact score after a little while... and I do have HWmonitor, it's a great tool ik, Thx Tho man appreciate it :)

Royal Sniper

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015

Thanks for the reply to, I fixed this problem a while ago :)