[SOLVED] Help... Compatibility issues!!

Oct 17, 2021
Hi all,

Just hoping you can advise and help on something?

I am building a new PC from scratch and it'll be used for general use, AutoCAD/inventor etc and some lite gaming. I mean lite gaming too...

I did build one last week but all the things that could go tits up, did. so sent the CPU and Motherboard back and kept the other stuff, but luckily i did has found a better processor and hopefull motherboard.
The issue i had last time was the RAM was 3200h and the cpu was i5 10600k and i believe both the motherboard and CPU were unable to support.

Now,

I have a

i5 11600k
Gigabyte B560 HD3 - This is what i need support on - does it support the 3200 fury ram? will i have the same issue again?
Kingston FURY Beast 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4
Kingston NV1 500GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe SSD - Also a BURRan.... 2TB HDD.
Cougar AQUA 240mm AiO Liquid CPU Cooler
FX Pro 600W 80+ Bronze PSU
RX 6600XT 8GB Graphics card or maybe a 3060TI (not sure yet).
and case etc...

Do you see me having any compatibility issues here? The CPU and motherboard are fine, the CPU says its compatible with 3200hz RAM and i'm getting mixed messages
about the Motherboard!! Its really confusing.

Solution
Looks compatible.
I might add that I would not use an aio for cooling when a good air cooler will do the job.
What is the make/model of your case?
That determines much of your cooling options.
Oct 17, 2021
This looks compatible. Some might recommend an i7 over and i5 for AutoCAD but the i5 11600k makes for a great workhorse, it should operate admirably.

Awesome,

Slight change though, i went for the MSI B560 Bazooka Motherboard due to the increased Ram slots and just seems a better starting point. Just to see if i use it in the way i want too..

If all goes well with this then ill be starting from scratch on a Home Build Gaming rig. Hopefully by then we will see a slight decrease on GPU prices.

Oct 17, 2021
Looks compatible.
I might add that I would not use an aio for cooling when a good air cooler will do the job.
What is the make/model of your case?
That determines much of your cooling options.

Well i do have a contained water cooler and fan, that is rated to be decent. Think i will see how it goes and maybe buy different if needed.

The case i have currently is a CIT havoc mid gaming tower, which was cheap for a start but i have bought a load of bits to create an open style case, a bit like a test bench.

I did also buy a couple of extra 120mm fans that can be fitted to the back and top of the case.

TRENDING THREADS