Question Help! Computer acting weird on start up.

nabbate

Honorable
Mar 1, 2018
So, every night I turn my PC off because it’s in my room with me. I turned it on in the morning and came home after work and moved the mouse to the dreaded DisplayPort not found 😑. The keyboard and mouse was the usual red led so I thought it was the cable. Checked it and restarted from the tower. Monitor does the same thing and now my mouse and keyboard are multicolored so I know my PC isn’t even picking them up now and the fans are extremely slow/silent. Now I panic and turn it off, unplug it from the back, wait a second and hold the power button, plug it back in and power it up. Now the keyboard and mouse light up and go dark after and monitor is still not found.

My PSU is an old Corsair TX750w from almost 9ish years ago. Did it finally kick the can?

So, every night I turn my PC off because it’s in my room with me. I turned it on in the morning and came home after work and moved the mouse to the dreaded DisplayPort not found 😑. The keyboard and mouse was the usual red led so I thought it was the cable. Checked it and restarted from the tower. Monitor does the same thing and now my mouse and keyboard are multicolored so I know my PC isn’t even picking them up now and the fans are extremely slow/silent. Now I panic and turn it off, unplug it from the back, wait a second and hold the power button, plug it back in and power it up. Now the keyboard and mouse light up and go dark after and monitor is still not found.

My PSU is an old Corsair TX750w from almost 9ish years ago. Did it finally kick the can?

Its possible, though my first impression is that your motherboard just died. The PSU and fans all fire up?

nabbate

Honorable
Mar 1, 2018
Its possible, though my first impression is that your motherboard just died. The PSU and fans all fire up?

The Fans do spin and lights come on everything. I actually just tried again and my keyboard and mouse light up multicolored again. That’s what I panicked about. I just got this motherboard this summer.