Question Help! Computer not turning on and I don't know what is wrong.

Skullwriter

Prominent
Jul 31, 2022
Alright folks, sorry if this question is in the wrong spot, but I don't know what is happening. My computer suddenly needed to 'warm up' to turn on. As in, I turned on the power supply, but the computer wouldn't turn on at first no matter how much I pressed the power button in the PC itself. At first it was five minutes, then it started suddenly stretching out to half hour or more. It started even happening whenever I turn off the computer, but I don't turn off the power source!

And that's the hairy thing, I don't know what's wrong.
I use a Corsair CX750M, and I used the paperclip test to see if it runs even outside of the motherboard, it does, it also turns the independent fans linked to it by itself.

My motherboard is an ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B450M-GAMING/BR and its on-board leds light up whenever I plug the power source and turn it on, but the computer won't start.

I already removed all the ram sticks and tested them independently, my processor is an AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics, 3901 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) and my video card is a AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT

Can anyone help?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Have you removed the power switch front panel wire and tried jumping directly on those connectors? This would eliminate the possibility of the switch being bad.

How old is the CX750M?

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
to my understanding, all tower has a power button to connect to your motherboard, what punkncat is saying is unplug that power plug from your tower to the motherboard.

Skullwriter

Prominent
Jul 31, 2022
I will try it, but one thing to mention is that if I press the power button and wait one to two hours, it will turn on by itself

Skullwriter

Prominent
Jul 31, 2022
I ordered a new power source, while it arrives, I will keep the computer on. Wish me luck. If it isn't the power source, I guess I will use it to make a secondary pc in case things go awry

TRENDING THREADS