[SOLVED] Help! Computer shut off and won’t reboot

Saxon_2

Reputable
Feb 9, 2017
Hello,

I have been using my computer for work because of the recent covid situation. Had the computer on and was working for about an hour and a half when all of a sudden both screens turned off. Jiggled the wires and they came on but went off shortly after. The fans on the computer then slowed slightly and I hard rebooted as this point. Computer turned on but the same issue with the screens occurred once more. Hard booted again and computer would not boot and began to try and cycle on as if there was a short. Opened it up and started removing the gpus to see if they may have been the issue, removed ram and tested, also tested psu and the fan is consistently running. Computer will not boot at all or even attempt to turn on; lights are on the mobo however.

attempted to jump the mobo and nothing either.

could this be a dead motherboard? Anything else I should test?

Z107-3
16gb Corsair vengence
2x gtx760
Seasonic 80+ gold 750w

Solution
Remove the 2 GPUs, use one stick RAM and the boot devcie only, connect the monitor to the intel onboard iGPU. Clear the CMOS by the jumper, after that boot the PC to see it can boot or not.

If it does not boot, then try to remove the RAM, boot device, gtx760s too, clear the CMOS. Then try to boot the PC, ofc, you will not boot into the window, because no RAM, no boot device. But if the PC still has same problem, it will not boot at all, I think the MB has problem.
Remove the 2 GPUs, use one stick RAM and the boot devcie only, connect the monitor to the intel onboard iGPU. Clear the CMOS by the jumper, after that boot the PC to see it can boot or not.

If it does not boot, then try to remove the RAM, boot device, gtx760s too, clear the CMOS. Then try to boot the PC, ofc, you will not boot into the window, because no RAM, no boot device. But if the PC still has same problem, it will not boot at all, I think the MB has problem.

Solution

Saxon_2

Reputable
Feb 9, 2017

Did both and nothing. I have a hard feeling it’s the mobo. Going to test another psu at my parents to Indefinitely eliminate that.

I jumped the computer by connecting a pin onto the green and black 24 pin. Cpu fan will turn on and everything still stays off. Not sure if this is normal?