May 14, 2023
Please Help!
I recently started building a new / upgraded computer. (Specs below) but I’m having issues with it posting, specifically the issue being the screen staying blank and the dram mobo light staying on. Keep in mind I’ve also gotten to the bios before but it couldn’t boot to OS. (cpu light on then it switches to dram) I’ve tried the same motherboard twice, resetting the bios by taking the cmos out, replugging everything in, changing ram sticks and slots, booting without the gpu or cpu, taking out and reinserting cpu, checking every ram slot with each stick, literally everything I feel, but to no prevail. Can anyone help me out with this?

SPECS:

Ryzen 5 7600x

B650 Aorus Elite AX

Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 (One pair is 5200mhz, one is 5600mhz, both 2x16gb)

GeForce RTX 3050

WD 1TB HDD (OS)

H100i Elite Capellix

Thermal take 700W PSU

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins. Which slots are you populating on the motherboard?

Thermal take 700W PSU
Thermaltake is the brand of the PSU, while 700W is the advertised wattage of the unit, what is the model of the unit?

Ryzen 5 7600x
How are you cooling the processor?

May 14, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins. Which slots are you populating on the motherboard?

Thermal take 700W PSU
Thermaltake is the brand of the PSU, while 700W is the advertised wattage of the unit, what is the model of the unit?

Ryzen 5 7600x
How are you cooling the processor?
no bent pins, I have a Smart Series Thermaltake 700W psu (about 45-50 bucks on Amazon), and I am cooling the processor with liquid cooling using the h100i Elite Capellix

Last edited:
Please Help!
I recently started building a new / upgraded computer. (Specs below) but I’m having issues with it posting, specifically the issue being the screen staying blank and the dram mobo light staying on. Keep in mind I’ve also gotten to the bios before but it couldn’t boot to OS. (cpu light on then it switches to dram) I’ve tried the same motherboard twice, resetting the bios by taking the cmos out, replugging everything in, changing ram sticks and slots, booting without the gpu or cpu, taking out and reinserting cpu, checking every ram slot with each stick, literally everything I feel, but to no prevail. Can anyone help me out with this?

SPECS:

Ryzen 5 7600x

B650 Aorus Elite AX

Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 (One pair is 5200mhz, one is 5600mhz, both 2x16gb)

GeForce RTX 3050

WD 1TB HDD (OS)

H100i Elite Capellix

Thermal take 700W PSU

Check this case where the same motherboard model was displaying the same CPU and RAM LEDS and the cause turned out to be RAM incompatibility.

DRAM LED On with B650 AORUS Elite AX & G.Skill DDR5

Seems to be a DRAM compatibility issue. Check your RAM modules against the compatibility list... Specifications and Module Part Numbers should be included in the list. If they're not, that should be the likely cause.

B650 AORUS ELITE AX (rev. 1.x) DRAM compatibility List

May 14, 2023
When you got to the bios, was it with the hdd connected or disconnected? Where did this hdd come from? If you do disconnect the hdd, what happens? If you disconnect the hdd can you boot from a usb stick? Is the H100i properly connected to the cpu fan header?
I’ve done both, at first I got to bios and it said “no bootable device” even though it detected my hdd. The hdd I have is the same one I’ve been using with my old build and it’s never had any problems in the past. When I disconnected the hdd and booted it and managed to get to bios once before it was pretty much the same deal…no bootable device. I don’t have OS on a usb stick so I couldn’t say whether it works or not, and also yes my h100i is properly connected to the cpu fan header.

I’ve done both, at first I got to bios and it said “no bootable device” even though it detected my hdd. The hdd I have is the same one I’ve been using with my old build and it’s never had any problems in the past. When I disconnected the hdd and booted it and managed to get to bios once before it was pretty much the same deal…no bootable device. I don’t have OS on a usb stick so I couldn’t say whether it works or not, and also yes my h100i is properly connected to the cpu fan header.
If the bios does not recognize the hdd as a bootable device then the boot portion of the hdd is damaged. So you would have to either reinstall windows or if there's valuable material on the hdd, boot from a usb with a linux distro and use its file manager to move your valuable material off of the hdd until after you reinstall windows. Booting from a usb stick containing either the windows installer or a linux distro is a vital diagnostic step since it allows you to verify that you do not have a hardware problem and your problem is software-only. You could try booting from a windows installer usb and see if it offers you any repair options but personally I never expect such repairs to work.

I and a few others thought the display remained blank... but you did access the BIOS right, it beeps right after you start the computer?... but it doesn't beep a second time when the BIOS finishes posting?.

All Boot devices are non-bootable when you buy them, the Windows installer makes them bootable. Your HDD has been bootable, but whatever issues it has now, make the BIOS detect it as non-bootable. If I'm correct so far, the issue is the HDD, and you may need to disable the BIOS S.M.A.R.T capability setting, so it will ignore whatever issues the HDD may have, and detect it and boot it... at least up to the point where the installed drivers' detection interrupts the boot process.

May 14, 2023
I and a few others thought the display remained blank... but you did access the BIOS right, it beeps right after you start the computer?... but it doesn't beep a second time when the BIOS finishes posting?.

All Boot devices are non-bootable when you buy them, the Windows installer makes them bootable. Your HDD has been bootable, but whatever issues it has now, make the BIOS detect it as non-bootable. If I'm correct so far, the issue is the HDD, and you may need to disable the BIOS S.M.A.R.T capability setting, so it will ignore whatever issues the HDD may have, and detect it and boot it... at least up to the point where the installed drivers' detection interrupts the boot process.
So the display does stay blank, it’s hit or miss with whether or not it will go to bios or not, that’s what I’m having such a hard time with. I’m not sure what’s causing it to not consistently go to bios, but when I do get to bios it says no bootable device. I’d say 70% of the time the display is blank and it just has a dram red light on the mobo, occasionally switching to cpu, or vga. Where on the 30% it goes to bios.

So the display does stay blank, it’s hit or miss with whether or not it will go to bios or not, that’s what I’m having such a hard time with. I’m not sure what’s causing it to not consistently go to bios, but when I do get to bios it says no bootable device. I’d say 70% of the time the display is blank and it just has a dram red light on the mobo, occasionally switching to cpu, or vga. Where on the 30% it goes to bios.
OK, if the BIOS post is so unstable, everything else in the system has to be equally unstable... By this, I mean the BIOS posting or not is the main problem and fixing it will fix everything else. At this point, my main suspicion is the RAM modules may be incompatible. I've checked the Gigabyte Motherboard model page, opened the RAM Memory compatibility list, and couldn't find your RAM modules' part numbers... and haven't found them in the list so far… I need to do a more thorough check and would suggest you do it yourself, as I may not have the correct RAM part numbers.

This is the info I have on your RAM modules... can you confirm the part numbers?.

Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 5200mhz 2x16gb
Corsair VENGEANCE RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 5200MHz C40 Desktop RAM - CMH32GX5M2B5200C40

Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 5600mhz 2x16gb
SKU CMH32GX5M2B5600C36 W. VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 5600MHz C36 Desktop RAM Memory Kit — White.

May 14, 2023
OK, if the BIOS post is so unstable, everything else in the system has to be equally unstable... By this, I mean the BIOS posting or not is the main problem and fixing it will fix everything else. At this point, my main suspicion is the RAM modules may be incompatible. I've checked the Gigabyte Motherboard model page, opened the RAM Memory compatibility list, and couldn't find your RAM modules' part numbers... and haven't found them in the list so far… I need to do a more thorough check and would suggest you do it yourself, as I may not have the correct RAM part numbers.

This is the info I have on your RAM modules... can you confirm the part numbers?.

Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 5200mhz 2x16gb
Corsair VENGEANCE RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 5200MHz C40 Desktop RAM - CMH32GX5M2B5200C40

Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 5600mhz 2x16gb
SKU CMH32GX5M2B5600C36 W. VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 5600MHz C36 Desktop RAM Memory Kit — White.

5200 MHz ram has the same serial as the one listed.
5600 MHz ram is CMH32GX5M2B5600C40K

I don't see any compatible 5600 MHz RAM model in the list, that coincides with yours, the K makes it different from yours. But this is no absolute conclusion that your RAM is not compatible with the Motherboard, because Gigabyte states that those models in the List, are tested models and are proven to work in the motherboard model, and that those that are not in the list, have not been tested. So your model could be compatible, just that they never got around to it. I brought this idea up because it seems to be the only possible cause yet to be proven. If you need further advice, I'd suggest you either borrow or buy one module of the listed part numbers, and test it... if it works, it'll be proof that your RAM is incompatible, and if it doesn't work, it will mean the cause is something else.

5200 MHz 16GB RAM 7 Modules Listed... which is yours?
CMH32GX5M2B5200C40
CMK32GX5M2X5200C38
CMT32GX5M2X5200C38
CMT32GX5M2B5200C36FE
CMT32GX5M2B5200C40
CMK32GX5M2B5200Z40
CMH32GX5M2B5200Z40

Your 5600 MHz ram:
CMH32GX5M2B5600C40K

5600 MHz 16GB RAM 10 listed Models

CMT32GX5M2X5600C36
CMK32GX5M2B5600C36
CMT32GX5M2X5600C40
CMT32GX5M2B5600C36
CMK32GX5M2X5600C32
CMH32GX5M2B5600C36
CMH32GX5M2B5600C40 (non K)
CMK32GX5M2B5600Z36
CMH32GX5M2B5600Z36
CMT32GX5M2B5600Z36

Reactions: Connepay
May 14, 2023
I don't see any compatible 5600 MHz RAM model in the list, that coincides with yours, the K makes it different from yours. But this is no absolute conclusion that your RAM is not compatible with the Motherboard, because Gigabyte states that those models in the List, are tested models and are proven to work in the motherboard model, and that those that are not in the list, have not been tested. So your model could be compatible, just that they never got around to it. I brought this idea up because it seems to be the only possible cause yet to be proven. If you need further advice, I'd suggest you either borrow or buy one module of the listed part numbers, and test it... if it works, it'll be proof that your RAM is incompatible, and if it doesn't work, it will mean the cause is something else.

5200 MHz 16GB RAM 7 Modules Listed... which is yours?
CMH32GX5M2B5200C40
CMK32GX5M2X5200C38
CMT32GX5M2X5200C38
CMT32GX5M2B5200C36FE
CMT32GX5M2B5200C40
CMK32GX5M2B5200Z40
CMH32GX5M2B5200Z40

Your 5600 MHz ram:
CMH32GX5M2B5600C40K

5600 MHz 16GB RAM 10 listed Models

CMT32GX5M2X5600C36
CMK32GX5M2B5600C36
CMT32GX5M2X5600C40
CMT32GX5M2B5600C36
CMK32GX5M2X5600C32
CMH32GX5M2B5600C36
CMH32GX5M2B5600C40 (non K)
CMK32GX5M2B5600Z36
CMH32GX5M2B5600Z36
CMT32GX5M2B5600Z36
My 5200 MHz ram is CMH32GX5M2B5200C40

D

Deleted member 2947362

wow I'm shocked to see that the Motherboard only has support for1 kit of ram with 2 Rank config?

All the other kits are 1 rank?

even more shocked to see the CPU memory controller only has listed support for 2x sticks 1 rank ram ?

Max Memory Speed
2x1R
DDR5-5200

Last edited by a moderator:
• Those are too technical descriptions to get into... see if you can understand this in a quick read.

• The Ryzen 5 7600X Supports RAM Speeds of, 5600 MHz. You should just need to enable EXPO/XMP in the BIOS and the RAM will just work at 5600

• As for compatibility between all your components, I ran a check... see the results.

Compatibility: No issues or incompatibilities found.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2947362

• Those are too technical descriptions to get into... see if you can understand this in a quick read.

• The Ryzen 5 7600X Supports RAM Speeds of, 5600 MHz. You should just need to enable EXPO/XMP in the BIOS and the RAM will just work at 5600

• As for compatibility between all your components, I ran a check... see the results.

Compatibility: No issues or incompatibilities found.
I was just shocked at the lack of listed official RAM and Slot configs supported, when not using ram that overclocks the memory controller, which is listed on AMD own website under the CPU's spec's.

The 5000 series CPU memory controller has better listed officially supported Ram and Slot configs than the 7000 series
I'm just surprised, unless AMD hasn't added all the slot, rank and speed configs that's officially supported by the 7000 series CPU wonder why that haven't listed it in the same way they have for the 5000 series CPU

What I'm saying is if you use 2 sticks of 2R ram and your running them 5600mhz I wouldnt be shocked in the least if people are having ram stability issues.

Probs have better luck if they make sure the ram they buy for the 7000 series CPU's is 1R and not 2R your already giving the memory controller a thrashing at 5600 let alone adding the extra work load of using 2R on the memory controller using EXPO/XMP does not as if by magic add 2R support to CPU Memory controller if it does not officially support it in the first place .

Its probs just pumping extra volts to try and keep the memory controller going if its 2R ram sticks might be stable for a while but then it will start becoming an issue and stability probs suffers.

And running 4 sticks of 2R at faster than 5200 is probs kicking the holy Cra* into 7000 series the Memory controller which could also be a major issue with stability.

That is going from what AMD lists as supported ram speed, rank and amount the 7000 series CPU memory controller can officially support.

Anything above that is overclocking or not in official spec of the memory controller according to AMD anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just shocked at the lack of listed official RAM and Slot configs supported, when not using ram that overclocks the memory controller, which is listed on AMD own website under the CPU's spec's.

The 5000 series CPU memory controller has better listed officially supported Ram and Slot configs than the 7000 series
I'm just surprised, unless AMD hasn't added all the slot, rank and speed configs that's officially supported by the 7000 series CPU wonder why that haven't listed it in the same way they have for the 5000 series CPU

What I'm saying is if you use 2 sticks of 2R ram and your running them 5600mhz I wouldnt be shocked in the least if people are having ram stability issues.

Probs have better luck if they make sure the ram they buy for the 7000 series CPU's is 1R and not 2R your already giving the memory controller a thrashing at 5600 let alone adding the extra work load of using 2R on the memory controller using EXPO/XMP does not as if by magic add 2R support to CPU Memory controller if it does not officially support it in the first place .

Its probs just pumping extra volts to try and keep the memory controller going if its 2R ram sticks might be stable for a while but then it will start becoming an issue and stability probs suffers.

And running 4 sticks of 2R at faster than 5200 is probs kicking the holy Cra* into 7000 series the Memory controller which could also be a major issue with stability.

That is going from what AMD lists as supported ram speed, rank and amount the 7000 series CPU memory controller can officially support.

Anything above that is overclocking or not in official spec of the memory controller according to AMD anyway.

The Ryzen 5000 series CPU may be the best seller at the moment and the 7000 series should wait for it's turn . . . . . .

Basically, the XMP (Intel) and EXPO (AMD) settings do overclock the RAM modules... and do it because newer RAM is more advanced and made to "overchock" and do what the motherboard memory controller commands... so as long as they don't overheat, they should run without stability problems.

TRENDING THREADS